• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana Jones DVD release

17 posts in this topic

With the recent release of the Indiana Jones DVD does anyone think that some of his back issues will rise in price?

And without looking can you guess the chronological order of the three films?

Just got it today.... waited for years for it to finally get inot the DVD format.

WEBHEAD

FYI I've learned from a friend (that's working on the screen play) that there is a 4th movie in the works.

So wait till the 4th is put on DVD then buy the set.

Ford signed the deal.

FYI I've learned from a friend (that's working on the screen play) that there is a 4th movie in the works.

So wait till the 4th is put on DVD then buy the set.

Ford signed the deal.

There is a 4th movie coming soon,.......... ..and also a 4th Die Hard movie,...both Harrison Ford and Bruce Willis will be back,....and they are wat too old to pull it off,...

J.D.

And without looking can you guess the chronological order of the three films?

Temple, Raiders, and Last Crusade, if memory serves. I remember seeing an interview with Ford in the 80s where he was talking about how he was physically 3 years older in Temple, but the story was supposed to take place 5 years before the first one, which meant he was 8 years too old for the role! I'm not entirely sure Crusade took place last, but I'll guess that it did.

Just got it today.... waited for years for it to finally get inot the DVD format.

Yea, I've been wanting it for a while too. However, I'm dismayed by the probable cause for the delay and the likely reason they released it now--to cash in on DVD before it goes by the wayside. At some point over the next two years, Sony/Hollywood will be releasing a new format for movies that is right now being referred to as "HDTV-DVD", although the final name will probably change. The FCC is mandating that public television broadcasts be converted to HDTV in full by the year 2005...which means in 2005, television programs will look better than your DVD movies unless you choose to buy one of those converters to dumb-down the HDTV signal to a standard television format.

I really can't see the electronic industry or Hollywood giants sitting on that too long before they spring the new format on us...and if that does happen in 2005 plus or minus one year...you'll probably end up wanting to buy your DVDs that you upgraded from VHS tapes yet again in the new HDTV-DVD format.

Sony and the rest of that industry have had this planned since before DVDs came out...it sorta pisses me off, but hey, that's life in a capitalist society!!!

Sony and the rest of that industry have had this planned since before DVDs came out...it sorta pisses me off, but hey, that's life in a capitalist society!!!

It's also why some people rent movies, take them home, rip, convert and burn them to DVD for a total cost of ~3.50 per movie instead of buying them. At least that's what I hear..... juggle.gif

no

that should be HELL NO! 27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gifdevil.gifhi.gif

PESSIMISTS AND CYNICS, YOU ALL ARE! I shall flip my high-grade hordes of The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones and buy all of your measly Silver and Bronze Marvel collections with the profits. And then you'll be sorry for your speculative folly!!!

Great stuff. However it wasn't River Phoenix it was Corey Carrier (8 years old) and Sean Patrick Flanery (21?) I still have some of them taped from TV. You can also get some of them (edited) on VHS. Or if you have big bucks the unedited ($300+) Japanese Laserdisc box set with most of the episodes.

If you buy it make sure to get it at Best Buy. They are giving out a bonus 5th disk with more extras. I picked mine up yesterday.

Thanks for this info. Plan on getting it this weekend. Really thought Raiders was the best action movie I had ever seen at the time it came out.

Oh, and a big fat "NO" to rising back issue prices with the release of the DVD set or the 4th movie coming out.