• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Paypal Update Verified Sales?

6 posts in this topic

I tend to sell in waves, and loaded some auctions on about 3 months ago, sold them off, and noticed that 1-1.5 months later, I still had the same (low) number of Verified Sales. I confirmed that 80%+ of buyers were Verified, and just assumed that Paypal would update someday.

But about 1.5 months ago, I sold another batch, and again a large percentage were Verified as well. And not only did I never get updated for my sales 3 months ago, I didn't catch the wave on my latest auctions.

Is Paypal not using Verified Sales anymore, or are they just 3+ months in arrears?

As far as I know, a period of only 30 days need pass (usually the alotted time to issue a refund) before a verified members transaction appears in the seller reputation number. It is odd that your number didn't increase over a period of 3 months; I just checked both my accounts and they are up to date with their numbers. Where any of the payments issued to you during your last wave of sales pending, or waiting for clearance (usually because payment was made on a newly registerred cc with PayPal)? I do recall that this did effect the amount of time before the reported number appeared beside my name.

As far as I know, a period of only 30 days need pass (usually the alotted time to issue a refund) before a verified members transaction appears in the seller reputation number. It is odd that your number didn't increase over a period of 3 months; I just checked both my accounts and they are up to date with their numbers.

That is strange. Were many of those over the last few months?

I do see the potential issue with a new CC, but I find it hard to believe that some people with 100+ feedbacks have these sorts of issues, not to mention 100% of my Verified buyers.

That is strange. Were many of those over the last few months?

Just checked the most active between the two, and there were 15 reported between Aug 17-Sept 16. Although I didn't really register exactly when those numbers appeared, those dates are still well within a 1-2 month range. Still no excuse for your delay of 3 months. I'm not sure who you would contact for such discrepancies, and not to minimize your dilemma, but the problem with PayPal is that don't even treat really important financial matters with any sense of urgency, so I'm not sure how much luck you will have with someone looking at your situation. Still, it would be interesting to find out why. Let us know if you find out anything.

As far as I know, the only real change that occured recently is that they are no longer paying a $5 bonus for referrals. I didn't hear anything about the verified numbers policy changing, and as far I knew, PayPal relies on this as eBay does for buyers/sellers maintain a mark of a members reputation.

JC - I know this is a simple answer but if you had repeat buyers then that number will not rise...I have a surprisingly low number of verified Paypal sales too now that you mention it...I do sell a lot to forum members often so I didn't expect it to go any higher due to them but... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused.gif