• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Refund Policies?

26 posts in this topic

Mac,

Thank you for the kind words...I had the "Galleria" open a couple years ago, and (knock on wood for the future) it did pretty well...I just got lazy and wanted to "control" my inventory through eBay. There will be full-size fo the older (Silver &Bronze Age books) on this "upgrade",

I really have to wonder what are eBay's long-term goals with all these changes, that very few agree with. Many people feel they are trying to become an "Amazon.com" type site,

Eric

A little update on this for anyone who has helped me out and read this thread:

I have offered a refund, and the buyer mailed the item back safely.

Unfortunately, if a claim becomes a dispute, and goes into an "investigation", that dispute will still have to wait that 30 day period...Even if the two parties come to an agreement, and even if the item is mailed back item with delivery/ signature confirmation. So PayPal keeps the full amount frozen for that time.

Also, it is a shame that PayPal freezes an entire payment amount, raher than an item amount. If someone has a problem with a $1 item, but that item was part of a $500 payment, then that entire $500 payment will be frozen,

PayPal really needs competition,

Eric

A little update on this for anyone who has helped me out and read this thread:

I have offered a refund, and the buyer mailed the item back safely.

Unfortunately, if a claim becomes a dispute, and goes into an "investigation", that dispute will still have to wait that 30 day period...Even if the two parties come to an agreement, and even if the item is mailed back item with delivery/ signature confirmation. So PayPal keeps the full amount frozen for that time.

Also, it is a shame that PayPal freezes an entire payment amount, raher than an item amount. If someone has a problem with a $1 item, but that item was part of a $500 payment, then that entire $500 payment will be frozen,

PayPal really needs competition,

Eric

I'm confused. If the buyer returned the book, and you offered a refund, why would the dispute become a claim? Isn't this considered a resolved dispute and you avoid the claim status all together? (shrug)

Everything looks allright, but there is a hairline crack on the bottom left side that cannot be seen from the front. I honestly do not know if it was there before mailing.

The things is with the refund, PayPal is still holding the money, and it is in their 30 day "queue" to "investigate. Yes, even though the book was returned with DC and Sig Conf.

This means the buyer will not get his $320 and will not get the $180 from the total amount that was frozen until they "complete their investigation".

The only way out of that is if the buyer cancels his claim, but that is up to him if he wants to trust me. I don't blame him if not, since he doesnt know me, but I am well know in the Spider-Man community, and have no where to "run", but it is still up to him,

Eric