• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CHARITY-FREE STUFF-ADVERTISING-SEE HERE!

7 posts in this topic

Well, I've just been in contact by a friend of mine (some of you may know too), Kev Sutherland. He runs a yearly comic festival in England for charity (which happens to be UK based charity CHILDLINE which helps children in many different ways!).

Anyway, this years event is on the 1st November. For this event, he gets a number of known artists to produce a trading card like picture ( Use the Charity link at the top of this page) . On the back of each card is a list of sponsers.

Now, this is where you come in. Sponsorship is £25. This gets your name (or Ebay ID!) on the back of every single card! These are then sold/auctioned off for charity.

The last set that was produced brought in over £125 on Ebay each!

Also with your 'sponsorship' you will get a free set of these card (which are great art, see the link above).

SO, if anyone wants to do this, I can be your UK link. You can pay me through paypal for a total of £30, which would include your cards delivered to you anywhere in the world!

The printing deadline is end of UK business on Thursday, so I really need to know by then. If you need anymore info on the event, PLEASE SEE HERE!

By the way, I don't want to take anything away from the great charity drive that is ongoing on these boards. But I do feel strongly about this charity and think that it is a small price to pay when you can also get some cool free stuff!

Heres an example of this years cards:

Artist: Boo Cook

BooCook.jpg

Artist: Adrian Bamforth

AdrianBamforth.jpg

Artist: Alan Davies

AlanDavis-4.jpg

And many more. Previous artists for the event have included: Jeff Smith(Bone sketch!), Alan Moore, Simon Gurr, Dave Gibbons +++

Now, this is where you come in. Sponsorship is £25. This gets your name (or Ebay ID!) on the back of every single card! These are then sold/auctioned off for charity.

The last set that was produced brought in over £125 on Ebay each!

Also with your 'sponsorship' you will get a free set of these card (which are great art, see the link above).

Just so I'm straight on this, sponsorship costs £25, which gets you a free set of cards, that could potentially sell for £125 on Ebay?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was'nt quite advertising it for profit, but yes, the first set that came out sold for £125 a set (and at the time cost £5!). I still have a couple of sets somewhere, they were really nice and the original set was limited to 500. It was actually a deck of cards with different artists doing each card, I'll have to get some scans up, there was a great Bart Simpson card and another Joker card.

But I am just advertising for the charity benefit and thae fact that you get the advertising of your Ebay ID (or website if you have one) on the back of every card! I'm not trying to gain from this, just share the info and hopefully raise a bit for charity. It will probably actually cost me a bit for each one, after Ebay costs and the true shipping amount!

Kev