• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimm Fairy Tales missing from Overstreet?

40 posts in this topic

JC I know you harp on variant collectors but I love collecting all the Grimm variants.

I have three of those you posted and am trying to track down the others.

I flew in Eric to the Dallas Comic Con and sig series'ed one of the 100 issue variants.

I'm glad that Rocafort (the first one you posted) is doing Grimm covers now too as he is incredible and is also an extremely polite and nice guy (not to mention his sister is kinda hot too!)

I have no doubt that the Grimm variants won't be worth much in 5 years but who can resist those covers! :cloud9:

Eric told me that the Hollywood mermaid cover is one of his favorites.

I told him that I didn't care for it because her tail was too long. He got a tad upset with me and said that he didn't have a choice because once he came up with the concept he had to make the tail "work"

Artistic license I suppose.

*double ahem*

37f1_1.JPG

433e_1.JPG

GrimmFairyTales25WWLA.jpg

c1ce_1.JPG

94aa_1.JPG

2713_1.JPG

LotImg9829.jpg

0cae_1.JPG

:takeit: I find that these covers compel me to read the books they are on based on their thought provoking imagery. Clearly some high brow stuff here! I haven't missed an issue since it came out :devil:! On a serious note, good familiar tales redone in a unique fashion. Like Don said, new ongoing storyline is realing freakin good.

Chris

does anyone have a list or know where i can find one listing all the different cover variants and where they were from?

I actually have a picture/scan of ALL of the covers of ALL of the Grimm books, no watermarks or anything. The only covers I haven't included are wrap around covers that look the same as another cover (because it's basically a duplicate) and the JayCo Museum Editions, because they're so limited I cant find scans of them all, so I didn't try. But If anyone wants, I could e-mail you all the pics in a zip file. Just message me to let me know!

does anyone have a list or know where i can find one listing all the different cover variants and where they were from?

If you go to www.comicpriceguide.com they have just about every GFT issue and variant listed with a pictue of each cover. They also have some info listed for most of the books like which con they are from or who the writers and cover artists are.

If you go to www.comicpriceguide.com they have just about every GFT issue and variant listed with a pictue of each cover. They also have some info listed for most of the books like which con they are from or who the writers and cover artists are.

Yah, but the images at CPG are small & badly compressed. A better resource would be comicbookdb.

I'll do you one better.

http://rapidshare.com/files/122050148/Zenescope.zip.html

I uploaded my archive of Grimm Covers. EVERY Grimm cover from all the titles as to date. (except for museum editions and wraparound cover that look the same on the front as another cover that is saved) None of them are watermarked and all are high quality scans or images.

Enjoy! :banana:

Pretty drawings, sure, but as to why it's left out of Overstreet, it's pretty obvious. Independents always have a tough time getting in, and the apparent emphasis on GGA doesn't help. Things have changed somewhat, but even Elfquest and Cerebus took more than a decade to get listed, IIRC.

That said, I know my shop has some of issues in their goth section, I'll have to see if there's any flipping material.

Oh, I have to note the white paint pen sigs on those SS books look like...something else.