• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IM #55 cgc 9.8 on comiclink

15 posts in this topic

I really like the JIM #83 in VF. Looks nice.

Any idea what that should sell for? No doubt that $6,000 is too high.

$6,000 is almost double condition guide. GPA has two sales for an average of $3,165.43. So yeah, $6,000 it too high. I mean, it guides for $7,000 in NM.

IM #55

already bid to $1800! 893whatthe.gif

I'm not saying that this is going on here...but does Josh even care if people are shilling? Does he have any way of figuring it out? I've seen a LOT of bids on there that just had to be shills, and because of that, I don't even look at the "bids" anymore. There are books listed at $550 with bids of $525...who wouldn't take THAT bid??! Books that are listed at 50% over market value and within minutes get a bid that's around 25% over market value...I saw that happen with a Spidey 91 CGC 9.6 that ended on E-Bay without a bid, was listed on ComicLink 30 minutes later, and then got a bid within 15 minutes of listing that was the exact same price as the unmatched opening price of the same book on E-Bay.

As much as we complain about E-Bay...there are a bunch of manual complexities related to automated auction services that are tough to manage.

I bod $300 less on a low priced item and the bid was accepted, but tried on another at 3 times the cost, and the price wouldnt budge at all, not even $50!

well it can depend on the seller too and how long the book has been on the site, etc. Hey why pay the asking price if you can get it for $300 less? thumbsup2.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really like the JIM #83 in VF. Looks nice.

Any idea what that should sell for? No doubt that $6,000 is too high.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$6,000 is almost double condition guide. GPA has two sales for an average of $3,165.43. So yeah, $6,000 it too high. I mean, it guides for $7,000 in NM.

I saw that but the last sale was a long time ago. I actually wanted to bid $2,500 but the minimum bid is $3,000. I might be willing to pay $3,000 but I don't want to start there.

Also, like you said, $6,000 is almost double condition guide. In general, it seems even keys only get around guide in VF condition.