• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT, which do you buy, PS3 or Xbox 360?

94 posts in this topic

People take the numerical scores WAY too seriously.

uh...this is the CGC board....

lol

Well played, sir.

How many games does PS3 actually have out now??

Good ones?: 0

zzz

GAMESPOT Scores

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 9.0 (Rehash of old Xbox Game)

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction 7.5

Unchartered: Drake's Fortune 8.0

Unreal Tournament III 8.5 (Coming to 360)

Folklore 7.0

Motorstorm 7.9

Warhawk 8.5

(took out the games which are available on 360)

"for the most part been universally praised by gamers and critics alike and are all worthwhile titles to purchase." :screwy:

360 Exclusives

Halo 3 9.5

Gears of War 9.6

Forza 2 9.2

Puzzle Quest 9.0

Bioshock 9.0

Perfect Dark Zero 9.0

Mass Effect 8.5

Not to mention the better rated multiplat games on the 360.

Ah, so you're one of those guys who lets reviewers tell him what to like. :screwy:

People take the numerical scores WAY too seriously. I read the reviews just to see what the pros and cons are and to make sure that the game isn't "broken" in any way.

Just looking at the above scores makes me laugh. Perfect Dark Zero better than Mass Effect? lol Halo 3 a 9.5? lollollol

Tooshay. Was a member of System Wars board at gamespot before I came here. Still got a little fight in me :P Also, I was proving the point about what michigan said about cricitally acclaimed or something. Showing him his wrong thats all

Gotcha. (thumbs u

I've gone into system wars a couple of times....those guys are nutty. :screwy:

This place is extremely sane and rational by comparison. :o

zzz

GAMESPOT Scores

Folklore 7.0

Motorstorm 7.9

Warhawk 8.5

"for the most part been universally praised by gamers and critics alike and are all worthwhile titles to purchase." :screwy:

360 Exclusives

Halo 3 9.5

Gears of War 9.6

Forza 2 9.2

Puzzle Quest 9.0

Bioshock 9.0

Perfect Dark Zero 9.0

Mass Effect 8.5

Please...Gamespot is well known among gamers for being in Microsoft's back pocket with a decided bias against the PS3... meh

Jim

zzz

GAMESPOT Scores

Folklore 7.0

Motorstorm 7.9

Warhawk 8.5

360 Exclusives

Halo 3 9.5

Gears of War 9.6

Forza 2 9.2

Puzzle Quest 9.0

Bioshock 9.0

Perfect Dark Zero 9.0

Mass Effect 8.5

Please...Gamespot is well known among gamers for being in Microsoft's back pocket with a decided bias against the PS3... meh

Jim

(thumbs u

I find GameTrailers to be the most balanced and accurate.

zzz

GAMESPOT Scores

Folklore 7.0

Motorstorm 7.9

Warhawk 8.5

360 Exclusives

Halo 3 9.5

Gears of War 9.6

Forza 2 9.2

Puzzle Quest 9.0

Bioshock 9.0

Perfect Dark Zero 9.0

Mass Effect 8.5

Ah, so you're one of those guys who lets reviewers tell him what to like. :screwy:

People take the numerical scores WAY too seriously. I read the reviews just to see what the pros and cons are and to make sure that the game isn't "broken" in any way.

Just looking at the above scores makes me laugh. Perfect Dark Zero better than Mass Effect? lol Halo 3 a 9.5? lollollol

personally i would rate halo 3 a 9.0 which is disapointing for a halo title. The graphics were great and the online play rocks. In fact the multiplayer seems to have addressed much of the latency issues that were affecting my play on halo 2.

The story was disapointing. I just don't care enough about masterchief's relationship with his virtual girlfriend for one. The elements of the story seemed like an effort to give the mega halo freaks what they wanted but didn't take any risks and seemed very cookie cutter to me. On top of that by the third series the concept of these halo rings eliminating all life is tired, i always felt they should have went in a different direction after the first halo which was a true classic in every sense.

the gameplay in the campaign was good but i was sad to see that they basically turned the brutes fighting style into the elites fighting style to make up for their absence.

i really enjoyed the game a lot but i hoped for better. In fact after halo 3 i liked the story of halo 2 better by comparison which i originally was a little disapointed in.

Speaking of reviews, this guy is hilarious and anybody into games should check out his video reviews. There's a new one every Wednesday.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation

And here's his console rundown;

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/1383-Zero-Punctuation-Console-Rundown

Very funny...I know why they call it Zero Punctionation Productions...

And everything he said was true....

360! i have a lan of 3 :) i like the shooting games and rainbow 6 vegas 2 came out ! i also have good fun games like simpsons,cabelas, and you can download all the oldies like worms and joist :)

Actually, after reading about all of the hardware problems with the 360, I'm not quite sure why ANYONE would take a chance on the 360. 30%+ failure?!? Even with the "recent" changes, it still sounds like there are issues. Apparently treating their hardware testing like their software testing (it's good enough until SP1) was a dangerous and expensive decision. Yeah, they have a three year warranty, so what? I'm not that desperate to get a system where I have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a dud.

None of that is true anymore. There's a lot of viral marketing going on by anti-fan boys. If you have a 360 manufactured after August 2007 (mine's Jan. 2007 and going strong), you're not going to have to worry. And there's a 3 year warranty on it to remove all worries anyway.

The 360 is a good machine overall supported by an excellent offering of software and a robust online service. It's a very good value.

None of that is true anymore. There's a lot of viral marketing going on by anti-fan boys. If you have a 360 manufactured after August 2007 (mine's Jan. 2007 and going strong), you're not going to have to worry. And there's a 3 year warranty on it to remove all worries anyway.

Even if that's the case, the whole thing is still pretty appalling when you consider how long it took them to get their s**t together.

I have a warranty on mine as well, but it isn't the point. I can't believe how willing the gaming community is to accept this disaster of a product just because they like Halo and Gears. This is especially true with the press. Can you imagine if the PS3 had the same failure rate?

Even if that's the case, the whole thing is still pretty appalling when you consider how long it took them to get their s**t together.

I have a warranty on mine as well, but it isn't the point. I can't believe how willing the gaming community is to accept this disaster of a product just because they like Halo and Gears. This is especially true with the press. Can you imagine if the PS3 had the same failure rate?

..and the wheels on the bus go round and round. Seriously, cant we all just get along (shrug)

i thought the media was very kind to the PS2 perhaps they just like to hype the leader which x-box 360 was for some time until the WII went insane.

i remember CNN or some major news network had a tech geek bring out both the PS3 and WII to evaluate them right after their launch. He was drooling over the PS3 and acting like the WII was a joke. However when he showed the controls of the WII the hottie newsgirl was like hey that looks like fun and he shot something back like this is nothing compared to the PS3. She replied that the the PS3 looked like a vacuum cleaner and didn't seem too impressed! Looking back i am really amazed how foretelling that was!

PS3, but get the 80GB for PS2 compatibility and the full package, as there are still a ton of great games for that platform, as opposed to the limited (and mostly POS) selection for PS3.

The standard PS3 doesn't play PS2 games?

Not unless you get the 80GB system...

Jim

Nice to know. I just got around to buying a PS2...but I am enjoying Wii very much right now. Love the controls.

love the wii also, super mario galaxy rules !

:)

get the ps3 & enjoy

Today I just happend upon a Wii, and bought one, not for me however! For my nieces, but I will be playing with it tonight. See what the big fuss is about.

WOW! i haven't seen one in a store since september.