• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevermind

26 posts in this topic

He may not have "ignored" our email.

Some possibilities are:

1)The buyer contacted him before you

2)(and this is hard to believe to folks on the board, including me) Not everyone "lives" on the computer and answers emails 24/7

It is indeed frustrating to really want a piece and then to see it sold or in someones CAF on an update. I wanted a cover and asked the artist about it. He said he wasn't selling it. About 3 months later, lo and behold ti shows up on CAF in one of my watched galleries. Luckily the current owner frequently sells through Heritage, so I still have hope.

So maybe the 'collector' that bought the cover because they "LOVE IT" is one of those collectors that only "LOVES IT" as long as they are the center of the OA circle jerk and once all the fawning and gushing stops they will have a new "LOVE" and put this up for sale. or not (shrug)

Some 'collections' are more transitory than collectatory (yeah, I made up those two words)

He may not have "ignored" our email.

Some possibilities are:

1)The buyer contacted him before you

2)(and this is hard to believe to folks on the board, including me) Not everyone "lives" on the computer and answers emails 24/7

It is indeed frustrating to really want a piece and then to see it sold or in someones CAF on an update. I wanted a cover and asked the artist about it. He said he wasn't selling it. About 3 months later, lo and behold ti shows up on CAF in one of my watched galleries. Luckily the current owner frequently sells through Heritage, so I still have hope.

So maybe the 'collector' that bought the cover because they "LOVE IT" is one of those collectors that only "LOVES IT" as long as they are the center of the OA circle jerk and once all the fawning and gushing stops they will have a new "LOVE" and put this up for sale. or not (shrug)

Some 'collections' are more transitory than collectatory (yeah, I made up those two words)

I agree with all that...plus..... :gossip: you can always call him. The number is right there on the site.

C

For a second when I read the title I had thought a cover had gone *missing* :blush:

For the record, Mark has been very good at getting back to me with emails and such, I'm sure that someone had already paid/claimed/whatever this piece a long time ago if he did not respond to your emails. (thumbs u

I've got my eye the cover to issue 100 already, I hope he takes time payments. :roflmao:

I agree with all that...plus..... :gossip: you can always call him. The number is right there on the site.

C I dont see it and I wouldnt mind giving him a call :mad:

How to Order

FYI Mark is one of the best in the business, and from experience he doesn't play favorites. You'd be best served by giving him a call, expressing your interest for the future, and letting him know you are a serious buyer. He represents several artists and gets tons of emails. If the piece means alot to you, just make sure you give him a ring and he knows your interest.

C

Now I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person :tonofbricks:

Hi Daniel,

I just received another email from you saying that you are sorry you missed out on the WD 51 cover. I'm not sure where the miscommunication is, but you may purchase the Walking Dead 51 cover. I emailed you yesterday with payment information. I placed it on hold on the website for you, so someone couldn't come in place it on hold ahead of you, but you can still see what the piece looks like this way.

Please let me know that you received my email.

Thanks

Mark

Mark also runs a comic shop fulltime so emails can easily be not answered. It has been 50/50 for me. If I really wanted something, I've called and asked what's up or at least let him know I am interested.

My best advice is to let it go (anger and all) 'cause another great piece will turn up or even this one, when you least expect it..

edit: just saw you post...See! it just turned up unexpectedly for you (thumbs u

Hi Daniel,

I just received another email from you saying that you are sorry you missed out on the WD 51 cover. I'm not sure where the miscommunication is, but you may purchase the Walking Dead 51 cover. I emailed you yesterday with payment information. I placed it on hold on the website for you, so someone couldn't come in place it on hold ahead of you, but you can still see what the piece looks like this way.

Thanks

Mark

lol:applause:lol Only you Danny...only you.

C

Hi Daniel,

Thanks

Mark

You're a dork lol

Hi Daniel,

Thanks

Mark

lol:applause:lol Only you Danny...only you.

C

:blush:

Hi Daniel,

Thanks

Mark

If I may quote Greggy - "DORK" doh!

and now that you have his attention, tell him you want #75 NOW!

I hear #100 is already spoken for :gossip:

and I would still call him and tell him off for being so, uh, hm , ah, nice and ah, running his website and business efficiantely.

and can I surmise from this latest bit of info that we have a "WD cover addition" thread to look forward to? (tsk)