• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOW SPEEDJUNKIES....NOOOOO SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!!

36 posts in this topic

He and judeloo went out in a scam-busting blaze of glory??? confused-smiley-013.gif

I saw judeloo was naru'd as well. That is too bad ,although it makes my bidding a little easier - we are both eyeing the same CGC'd X-men on eBay. devil.gif Now all I have to worry about is a little bidding confrontation with G-Man for those issues.

Tom

I saw judeloo was naru'd as well. That is too bad ,although it makes my bidding a little easier - we are both eyeing the same CGC'd X-men on eBay. devil.gif Now all I have to worry about is a little bidding confrontation with G-Man for those issues.

Tom

blush.gif

Good to see you're still checking up on me. I'm fighting with eBay over whether or not I need to make a payment to them twice. It's over the last round of auctions I had about 2 months ago, somehow they "forgot" (which is pure BS) they didn't get paid (even though they did). And I'm not allowing them to charge my CC, so that's their only other option I guess. I appealed so unless they say "ok our bad", I guess I'm SOL cause I'm not paying them twice.

Brian

Life goes on. tongue.gif Jason my man you are one funny dude. "You're not mad?!?!?!" Of course not...i've been through harder times in my life so this is nothing thumbsup2.gif

When I hit a "speedbump in life" I like to ask myself..."What would Potsy do???..."... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good to see you're still checking up on me. I'm fighting with eBay over whether or not I need to make a payment to them twice. It's over the last round of auctions I had about 2 months ago, somehow they "forgot" (which is pure BS) they didn't get paid (even though they did). And I'm not allowing them to charge my CC, so that's their only other option I guess. I appealed so unless they say "ok our bad", I guess I'm SOL cause I'm not paying them twice.

Brian

That sucks. foreheadslap.gif

If Bonds, Murph, Speedjunkies, and Notch have all been NARU'ed very recently, it sounds like E-Bay has developed a new automated technique for identifying shill accounts in their system. I wonder what they're checking now that they didn't use to before?

Can you just make up all the E-Bay registration info besides the e-mail address and still get an account, or are there certain fields they try to validate? I haven't registered an account in over 3 years...I think I'll go look at what fields they ask for and give it some thought.

There are two things they ask for...a verifiable email addy (comcast?, sbcglobal, etc) or a CC tongue.gif

So it's either one and not both, right? I assume you gave them an e-mail only for the secondary account?

Honesty is the best policy...that's my motto. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

- What's a motto?

- Nothing...what amotto with you? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Ah, such a classic...from one of the best movies evah!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

There are two things they ask for...a verifiable email addy (comcast?, sbcglobal, etc) or a CC tongue.gif

So it's either one and not both, right? I assume you gave them an e-mail only for the secondary account?

You are correct tongue.gif

Well if you gave them fake info for all the fields except e-mail, then I can't see any automated way they found you. Did the e-mail you gave them have fake info attached to it?

Maybe they've been storing up user reports of shill accounts and just recently got around to sorting through them all.

Well if you gave them fake info for all the fields except e-mail, then I can't see any automated way they found you. Did the e-mail you gave them have fake info attached to it?

Maybe they've been storing up user reports of shill accounts and just recently got around to sorting through them all.

They NARU'd to of my legit secondary accounts obviously because of the same info, but I will have to see if my "other" accounts have been NARU'd. I will check when I get home from work. thumbsup2.gif