• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee's One More Day No prize

30 posts in this topic

I don't, because I was a LCS last week and the bound hardcover of BND boasted about Stan Lee's comments.

People need to remember that Stan's still collecting big checks from Marvel, and he's never been one to bite the hand that feeds him.

Joe Q couldn't carry Stan's jock strap on a good day. Most comics these days only have about 5 panels of interesting stuff because the storylines are painfully stretched over multiple issues and titles that add little to no value to the overall storyline. Sales from stupid variant covers (they have completely lost their cache) is about the only think that keeps Joe Q where he is. That's my rant for the day, no foolin.

Yeah, there were never any stupid characters or storylines in Stan's comics.

(:

Not as stupid as in OMD... :baiting:

I don't, because I was a LCS last week and the bound hardcover of BND boasted about Stan Lee's comments.

People need to remember that Stan's still collecting big checks from Marvel, and he's never been one to bite the hand that feeds him.

(thumbs u Stan will rarely say anything bad about Marvel...

Jim

Joe Q couldn't carry Stan's jock strap on a good day. Most comics these days only have about 5 panels of interesting stuff because the storylines are painfully stretched over multiple issues and titles that add little to no value to the overall storyline. Sales from stupid variant covers (they have completely lost their cache) is about the only think that keeps Joe Q where he is. That's my rant for the day, no foolin.

Yeah, there were never any stupid characters or storylines in Stan's comics.

(:

Yeah but outside of Brubaker's Cap's there are rarely any series in the past decade that can even hold a candle to most of the work produced in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Their flagship titles, Spider-Man, Iron man, FF, Avengers, Thor have all seen much better days.

I think this is an April Fool's joke.

If it's not, I'd say that Stan is probably trying to protect the property he created and/or maybe he actually likes JoeyQ and is trying to help out a friend.

BND = Brand New Drek...

Excelsior indeed.

I think this is closer to the mark. Stan is one of the few "founding fathers" left making the rounds, and his seal of approval carries a lot of weight. Considering how many toes JoeQ has stepped on, wouldn't surprise me if he called in the cavalry in the form of Stan.

he'll probably still be alive in 100 years. wasnt his first book like captain america #2?

It was #3 but that was just writing a little story on the inside that had no pictures and was two pages long. BTW he's 85.