• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Call For a Witness: May 31, Los Angeles

14 posts in this topic

There's a convention called the Book Expo America being held in the Los Angeles Convention Center from May 29 to June 1. The interesting event being held at this convention occurs on May 31 between 8 and 9:30am called the Graphic Novel Author Breakfast Panel hosted by Jeff Smith with speakers Jeph Loeb, Mike Mignola, and Art Spiegelman. I don't know if the guys will be doing a signing so I was hoping a witness could somehow get some information about this thing and hopefully attend. Thanks!

I will hopefully get some more information on this event next weekend, since Book Expo is organized by the same folks that run the New York Comic Con. I am planning to be at the Book Expo convention and the breakfast and I am a CGC Signature Series witness, so if there is a signing, I could help. However, I seriously doubt that this breakfast will have an official signing period.

The good news is that BEA has a comics section, and last year I got Robert Kirkman at the Image booth, Laurell K. Hamilton at the Marvel booth, and one of the Street Fighter artists at the Udon booth. Marvel and DC had multiple signings at their booth throughout the show, as did Image.

The bad news is that passes to this show are very expensive. While the breakfast is reasonable, I am not sure if they will require a BEA badge as well.

But I'll be at this show for sure. Watch for a post the week of April 21st, hopefully I'll find out more.

Joel Elad

NewComix.Com

BEA has just posted their Autographing schedule for the convention. Jeff Smith has 2 scheduled signings during the convention, one on Friday and one on Saturday. Jeph Loeb is scheduled to sign on Saturday morning after the breakfast. While Mignola and Spiegelman are not on the Autographing schedule, hopefully they will stay after the breakfast or be willing to sign at a booth later on that day.

In addition, there are some interesting names on the BEA Autographing schedule, like:

Neil Gaiman

Stan Lee

Mark Waid

Ben Templesmith

Steve Niles

Brian Lynch

Gaiman and Lee are very tough, the others seem approachable. PM me for specifics.

Joel

Let me clarify. Gaiman will be VERY hard to get, and I've already gotten a few people who I will try for Neil's signature. Stan Lee is also a highly limited signing. I've already got a few people who I'm trying for Art Spiegelman's signature, so I'm not taking any more for him. Anyone else, like Loeb, Waid, Niles, etc. I'd be happy to get. Jeff Smith list is looking full, but hopefully he'll be a nice guy and sign a bunch. :)

Joel