• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back from CGC

28 posts in this topic

Thinking about posting up on ebay...or should I hold? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FF110 var

Hulk 181

Ringo Kid 1

and what would a selling post be without a high grade 30 center tongue.gif not new but a variant nonetheless wink.gif

Warlock

Sell everthing because the Yanks lost! insane.gif

Thinking about posting up on ebay...or should I hold? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FF110 var

Hulk 181

Ringo Kid 1

Personally, I would put the FF up before it gets too close to X-Mas and people start spending their money on other items. The opposite may be true for the Hulk 181, wait a month so it is closer to X-Mas , maybe you will pick up a buyer who is looking to give it as a X-Mas gift. The Ringo Kid does not matter when you put it up, I feel that book caters to a certain segment of the collector that if they were really looking for that issue they would buy it as soon as they ran across it. Of course this is all speculation but you did ask.

Tom

The Ringo Kid does not matter when you put it up, I feel that book caters to a certain segment of the collector that if they were really looking for that issue they would buy it as soon as they ran across it. Of course this is all speculation but you did ask.

As someone who looks for these issues, I have to agree. Ringo Kid #1 is not uncommon at all and easily found in HG compared to later issues. If it was the 25-cent Giant or some of the last issues, then it would be another story altogether.

As far as the FF and Hulk? I'd put them up now unless you're waiting for the FF and X3 movies. Just curious.....what do you want for the FF?

Jim

Darth, I gotta say that's one ugly 8.0 on the Hulk 181. Maybe I should send that one I have from the Scottish Pedigree back in for a regrade?

Yup it rates pretty low on the PQ scale and to some that 2mm white spine overwrap is garish to behold, but the book's condition itself is right there in the VF area...glad it didn't take much of a hit due to the PQ

Ringo Kid #1 is not uncommon at all and easily found in HG compared to later issues. If it was the 25-cent Giant or some of the last issues, then it would be another story altogether.

thanks Jim - I didn't know that...I've been chasing the 27 and 28 variants so long that I did not realize the scarcity of the last issues OR the 25 center...may have to refocus and find some of these now 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yup it rates pretty low on the PQ scale and to some that 2mm white spine overwrap is garish to behold, but the book's condition itself is right there in the VF area...glad it didn't take much of a hit due to the PQ

Yeah I know, but I remember during the CGC heyday, that Hulk 181 was pretty harshly graded. It's not just the PQ, but the damage on the book, low gloss, creases, etc. that I'm talking about.

Have you ever seen the NM raw issue that Scottish (circa 2001-early 2002) got back as CGC 6.0 White on (and nearly had another heart attack)? I've got it, and that was a tough grade let me tell you.

Yeah I know, but I remember during the CGC heyday, that Hulk 181 was pretty harshly graded. It's not just the PQ, but the damage on the book, low gloss, creases, etc. that I'm talking about.

Have you ever seen the NM raw issue that Scottish (circa 2001-early 2002) got back as CGC 6.0 White on (and nearly had another heart attack)? I've got it, and that was a tough grade let me tell you.

I'm confused. Doesn't PQ =page quality? confused.gif

I'm confused. Doesn't PQ =page quality? confused.gif

Originally, I denoted it as PQ (Production Quality) and others have since run with the ball for QP, QPP, KISSMYASSP , etc. due to the Page Quality rollover.

Was this supposed to be an insult? confused-smiley-013.gif

Joe, maybe it's the new adjustment to the "going by the 2002 Overstreet Grading Guide" inferred standards :insert open can of worms here: tongue.gif

But I would consider resubbing Scottish's 181 only if you found out the notes on that particular grade...maybe it is an interior defect that we are overlooking (water damage, too much ink in a panel causing bleed through, or some of the inner pages having some holes poked into the bottom border from production)

I mentioned PQ and QP respectively too close together. PQ because it is OWW compared to large # of White copies in higher grade 9.0-9.4's) that we have been spoiled with up on ebay every week and my QP comment about the miswrap...

The gloss is still on this cover, don't know why the scan doesn't show it confused-smiley-013.gif