• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't mean to be a hater....

23 posts in this topic

I am watching this auction simply because I have two of these books (one slabbed at 9.4 the other raw) that both look better than this, it is not only the bung corner but the cover colours that to me stop it from being 9.6. I know that PQ is not a criteria for reducing the structural rating but anybody paying over the top for this book (i.e. what other B&B 9.6's have gone for) is paying for the label not the book.

How much of a down grade does the quality of the interior page would be factor in. Because if it received an overall grade of 9.6 and the pages are creme to off-white than would be possible for this book get an 9.8 if the pages were off-white to white..???893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

The 9.6 is a structural rating. It would be technically possible to have a 10.0 that has cream to off-white pages. My issue with the books was the loss of glossiness of the front cover....I believe that should downgrade the structural rating.

How much of a down grade does the quality of the interior page would be factor in. Because if it received an overall grade of 9.6 and the pages are creme to off-white than would be possible for this book get an 9.8 if the pages were off-white to white..???893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

No.