• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man BRAND NEW DAY(no more)

42 posts in this topic

I was never a big DD fan so I probably have not missed much. The only issues I currently own are a few of the keys - #1, #158, #168 and a couple of other NM Miller issues I snagged for $1 apiece on eBay.

X-Men was my favorite Marvel title (X-Men #211 was the first book I ever purchased), but it became too much of a soap opera after the new X-Men book was launched so I dropped it. The last Marvels I had in my file were The End: Wolverine and X-Men, but they both sucked so I dropped them.

I did have Ultimate FF in my file until #3 but dropped it, and have a few other Ultimate issues that I have read and enjoyed. However, the steep cover price made me question the smarts in paying $5 CDN for a new book off the shelf vs. $5 for NM early BA books - glad I chose the latter as I see a lot of those new books in the $0.50 - $1.00 bins at local cons.

DD is on top, next to the miller stuff imo. (im sure someone will disagree) But the book hasnt been this good since the "born again" storyline.

Anything Brubaker is writing is good. Cap,Iron Fist,DD, and im enjoying uncanny X-Men. The shi'ar storyline was really good.