• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Married centerfold!

32 posts in this topic

Someone explain to me what a 'married centrefold' is and is it considered restoration???

Thanks!

It's when you take the centerfold from one comic and add to a comic that is missing the centerfold. I'm not sure this will get you a PLOD or GLOD though... too early in the morning still.

I was under the impression that a married centerfold was a case where the centerfold's two pages are still joined together. An error during production where those pages never got cut enough to open up.

Mind you, I've been wrong many times before... (shrug)

Andy

When the pages are still joined together they are, for better or worse, referred to as "Siamese Pages".

Well, it is pretty graphic in its description . . . as in conjoined twins. Would it be more PC to say "conjoined pages"? hm

A married centerfold (or cover or page) is when a centerfold from a different copy of the book is integrated into a book in order to make it complete.

99.9% of comic collectors consider this restoration.

Ah, okay then. I stand corrected. doh!

Thanks to Mac Man, povertyrow and jimm94 for pointing me in the right direction. (thumbs u

Andy

They do?!?!? Okay, nevermind then...
I'm sure people will momentarily come up with scans both ways . . . :grin:

Yes, something like a popped staple. Sometimes it's in a blue holder with a notation and sometimes a green holder with a notation.

Andy

A married centerfold (or cover or page) is when a centerfold from a different copy of the book is integrated into a book in order to make it complete.

Thanks to Mac Man, povertyrow and jimm94 for pointing me in the right direction. (thumbs u

Andy

What am I? Chopped liver? :insane:lol

Andy

What am I? Chopped liver? :insane:lol

Oh, and big props to Chopped Liver over there in the corner. (worship)

Andy