• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Spirit # 4 Should I have it restored or not?

10 posts in this topic

It looks like you could wonderbread it and possibly press it to remove that spine roll. The drycleaning would likely improve this book's appearance tremendously. Neither of these should do any harm to your book.

Hey Webhead, I think it is more a question of why you would want to, because the book itself is not worth the cost it would take to restore it. But if it is a book that you cherish and simply want it to look better, then money does not really factor into the reasons why you would work on it. As far as it harming the book? I think given it's present condition it can't really make it worse unless it was totally botched during the process.

Hard to tell exactly what is going on with your book because it is still in the bag, but it looks like it just needs a good solvent /wet wash to get the tape off and remove the stains.

Without more info it's hard to really give better advice.

That's a great issue. Ze is right. You can probably find a nice copy for less than the price of resto.