• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loads of new Original Art pages up for grabs! GI JOE etc!

4 posts in this topic

Assuming you're talking about the Marvel run...

The interior art G.I. Joe #21 is still complete in one collection so it's doubtful pages would be available from that issue any time soon.

The art to #1 was broken up as the pages were each returned to the artists that worked on the book (Trimpe, McLeod, Perlin and Abel) back in the 80's. The artists sold their pages awhile ago and they have many have been absorbed into collections. Pages from issue #1 (as well as pages from the first 30 or so issues) don't appear very often. A page from issue #1 (I think it was page 2) sold on eBay about 10 years ago. At the time, I think it only went for $50 (wish I had gotten it)!

What do people think pages from this issue would go for now?

By the way, the covers to #1 & 21 haven't been seen in at least the 20 years. Hama owned the interior art to #21 up until a few years ago, but he didn't have the cover. The cover to #1 was never returned to Trimpe or McLeod. So where are they?

If you're talking about the Devil's Due run...

I've have a page to #1 - picked it up at MegaCon in a charity auction a few years ago so I assume the pages to that were sold off individually.

The art to #21 (the Zeck Silent issue) is still complete with the Zeck wraparound cover to issues #20 & 21 and the J Scott Campbell alternate cover. The Renegar edition cover may be floating out there somewhere however as that was done later.