• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DALE ROBERTS FOR SALE THREAD! SILVER AGE, CGC, RAW AND X-MEN

188 posts in this topic

That is all for tonight guys. You are welcome to submit reasonable offers on stuff and I will consider it. But keep in mind most of the prices are already discounted, so I am not going to do 50% off or anything close to that. Thanks for looking. Maybe tomorrow we will do some DCs.

Dude - I'm glad you got your act together and read most of the guidelines . . . 3 posts is a little too much real estate in the forum. I suggest you delete or close one of your other threads. :foryou:

Dude - I'm glad you got your act together and read most of the guidelines . . . 3 posts is a little too much real estate in the forum. I suggest you delete or close one of your other threads. :foryou:

Divad, thanks for your input. I went back and read the guideline relating to this and I don't feel I am in violation.

Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

I am not attempting to take up front page real estate. I have 3 legitimately different groupings of books which are best served being listed separately. Sorry, but I am not going to close one of them. And as a matter of fact, only one of them is currently on the front page.

Board etiquette has generally been to consolidate the threads whether it is specifically stated in the rules or not. Too many newish sellers have abused the privledge in the past. Also, it may be in your best interests to consolidate them. I wasn't even aware you had a third thread until Divad pointed it out...

Jim

How many days do you think it will take for you to get desperate and then might start accepting some offers via PM?

:insane:

Board etiquette has generally been to consolidate the threads whether it is specifically stated in the rules or not. Too many newish sellers have abused the privledge in the past. Also, it may be in your best interests to consolidate them. I wasn't even aware you had a third thread until Divad pointed it out...

Jim

That is basically the point. YOu wouldn't even know there were 3 threads unless someone points it out. I think the 3rd thread is on the 3rd page. So there are "unwritten" rules now too?

How many days do you think it will take for you to get desperate and then might start accepting some offers via PM?

:insane:

I am accepting offers now. Just depends upon how reasonable they are. Not going to give anything away, but feel free to make an offer. Worst can happen is I say no. I sold 3 books yesterday by PM. Thanks

Jim

That is basically the point. YOu wouldn't even know there were 3 threads unless someone points it out. I think the 3rd thread is on the 3rd page. So there are "unwritten" rules now too?

But, Dale your intent is to sell and have lots of people looking, so actually if you DO sell something and you bump all three, they will all be on the first page...

Besides, it would only help you to have one thread, more people would look at that one thread.

As for the unwritten rule, it's just being kindand considerate to other people who might want to post.

Jim

As divad politely pointed out, (3) threads in one day is considered to be excessive, and as Architect suggested the other day maybe the continuation of this guideline discussion could take place in the Discussion thread above as to not muck up your thread with the nice books.

Jim

But, Dale your intent is to sell and have lots of people looking, so actually if you DO sell something and you bump all three, they will all be on the first page...

Besides, it would only help you to have one thread, more people would look at that one thread.

As for the unwritten rule, it's just being kindand considerate to other people who might want to post.

Your point might be valid if I was bumping those other threads up. If I don't post more to those threads, they will just go away.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #50 - VF - $400.00 - SOLD!

Book is flat and the colors jump. No creases. Light spine stress and a small area in the middle which has been scuffed lightly(visible). Pretty nice corners with a little wear at bottom corners, but not much. Nice white pages and clean back cover. 100% no restoration guarantee.

Full return privileges if you are not happy with the book.

AS50.jpg

Sold by PM. Thanks

Jim

Your point might be valid if I was bumping those other threads up. If I don't post more to those threads, they will just go away.

There are plenty of others with multiple threads, and quite frankly, some of them do it all the time. I don't see them getting publicly beat on like Dale. Dale - you are just fine.

Jim

selling As for the unwritten rule, it's just being kindand considerate to other people who might want to post.

Is there a reason you MUST have three threads in one day?

From a selling perspective, it would make more sense having one or maybe two threads so all your offerings are consolidated. It keeps getting bumped as you add offerings. And your threads weren't so long as be cumbersome if they were consolidated.

From a buying standpoint, I don't have to search around wondering how many threads Dale decided to post today... hm

Jim

There are plenty of others with multiple threads, and quite frankly, some of them do it all the time. I don't see them getting publicly beat on like Dale. Dale - you are just fine.

Show me these "plenty of others" who have posted three selling threads in one day?

Jim

(thumbs u

Rich Henn, divad, r1970d, the list goes on and on of posters that start new threads while having active sales threads. I have no problem with it and in no way feel their posts violate the intent of the "guideline", especially if the genre/types of books are different. A more egregious violation of the spirit of that guideline is starting new threads when you're only selling 2-3 books in total, but no one seemed to care when divad did it the other day? (shrug)