• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DALE ROBERTS FOR SALE THREAD! SILVER AGE, CGC, RAW AND X-MEN

188 posts in this topic

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #88 - FINE PLUS - 175.00

SOLD BY PM. Thank you.

Very solid book structurally. Lays flat and has a nice clean back cover. No significant creases. Light spine wear and just a hint of chipping at right edge. Paint was smeared just a bit by the rollers when this book came off the press.

100% no restoration guarantee.

Full return privileges.

jim88.jpg

jim88bc.jpg

This is just my 2 cents, I have no problem with someone who has broken it down into age groups. I'd rather not go through a ton of modern drek waiting for a nice silver age book to pop up. Of course when I do list selling threads I tend to just pile everything together. Maybe that's why I never have too many books sell! :tonofbricks:

I am looking for lower grade than VF or I would be on that X-men 7.

Having seen your stuff at the show this past weekend though, I imagine that you don't try and carry anything less than F (which is the best I would even hope to afford in the early X-mens).

My signature line stuff is what I need to complete the run.

I think we are being unfair here to Dale. I understand that there may be a few technical violation or two, but it is not like Dale is spamming the boards and a new thread for each individual book.

There's plenty of reasons to jump on someone -- and plenty of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who come on and do ridiculous things that just clog up the marketplace. But I think the greater community would like to see Dale continue to sell here and when we engage in ripping on him for the minutia (and by the way, it's not one gentle post or a PM, it's an ongoing discussion in his sales thread) it really discourages the dealers from coming on here and offering some nice deals.

OK, going to start listing some DC's here shortly, hopefully without too many interuptions. Might be just a bit as I have to finish scanning a couple of them.

Same rules apply. 4.00 shipping by Media mail, and 1.00 for each additional. First :takeit:, takes it, or PM if you prefer.

International shipping will be close to exact shipping costs.

I am looking for lower grade than VF or I would be on that X-men 7.

Having seen your stuff at the show this past weekend though, I imagine that you don't try and carry anything less than F (which is the best I would even hope to afford in the early X-mens).

My signature line stuff is what I need to complete the run.

Generally speaking, when I get silver age books that are less than F/VF condition, I generally either put them in my ebay store, or I wholesale them off to a couple of stores in my area. If selling goes okay on here, I might start posting some of that stuff as I have time.

I think we are being unfair here to Dale. I understand that there may be a few technical violation or two, but it is not like Dale is spamming the boards and a new thread for each individual book.

There's plenty of reasons to jump on someone -- and plenty of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who come on and do ridiculous things that just clog up the marketplace. But I think the greater community would like to see Dale continue to sell here and when we engage in ripping on him for the minutia (and by the way, it's not one gentle post or a PM, it's an ongoing discussion in his sales thread) it really discourages the dealers from coming on here and offering some nice deals.

Thanks for the nice thoughts, Brian. Yes, it is awfully discouraging when you are trying to simply be a part of the board community, and time and time again, problems seems to come up.

OK, here come some DCs..

ADVENTURE COMICS #256 - FINE - 200.00

ORIGIN OF GREEN ARROW BY KIRBY.

Solid flat copy with solid colors and no major defects. Book has some light spine stress. Also a little bit of edge wear at right edge. There is a bit of creasing in black area near bottom right corner. Pages are off white.

100% restoration free.

Full return privileges if you are not happy with the books.

adventure256.jpg

BATMAN #237 - FINE/ FINE PLUS - 40.00

NEAL ADAMS ART

Solid flat copy with solid colors and no major defects. Outstanding eye appeal for the grade which I have assigned. There is a light 4 inch corner crease on back cover. Book has very light spine stress. Just a hint of edge wear at right edge. There is tiny corner crease at bottom right corner. Pages are off white/ white.

100% restoration free.

batman237.jpg

DC 100 PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #6 - FINE/ VF - 95.00

NEAL ADAMS WRAPAROUND COVER ART

Solid flat copy with solid colors and no major defects. Book has some light spine wear, mostly at top and bottom. A bit of edge wear and some tiny corner creasing at right corners. Pages are off white/ white.

100% restoration free.

dc100.jpg

dc100bc.jpg

DETECTIVE COMICS #298 - VERY FINE - 240.00

1ST MODERN CLAYFACE

Very pretty copy of this tough issue. Book lays flat with very nice color and eye appeal. Light spine wear with some small stress and 1 longer line toward the bottom. Just a bit of very light foxing right on the spine. Small corner crease back cover. Off white pages.

detective298.jpg

DETECTIVE COMICS #400 - VERY FINE MINUS/ VF - 240.00

1st MAN BAT BY NEAL ADAMS

Very nice issue! Nice eye appeal with no creases or tears. Light spine stress lines and just a little wear at the corners. Nice clean white back cover!

100% restoration free.

Full return privileges if you are not happy with the book.

detective400.jpg

EIGHTY PAGE GIANT #8 - FINE/VF - 180.00

MORE SECRET ORIGINS

Solid book with no major problems. No significant creases or tears. Light spine wear and the spine is square. A little wear at top and bottom of spine. Some light corner wear. Off white/white pages.

100% restoration free.

80page.jpg

GREEN LANTERN #5 - F/VF - VF MINUS - 220.00

Solid book with nice eye appeal. Book looks nicer than the grade assigned, but has a small chalky yellow stain at the top edge of back cover, probably from some kind of overspray. Light spine wear with a little stress. Small tear middle of bottom edge. A little corner wear. Off white pages.

100% restoration free.

gl5.jpg

GREEN LANTERN #4 - FINE PLUS PLUS - 160.00

Solid clean copy with no major problems. Book is flat with nice color. Some spine wear with stress and wear at the top and bottom, with a bump at bottom. A small corner crease at bottom right. also a tiny flake of bottom corner of back cover. Off White pages.

100% restoration free.

gl4.jpg

GREEN LANTERN #17 - VF MINUS - 90.00

Solid clean copy with no major problems. Book is flat with nice color. Book is structurally better than the grade assigned, but I have downgraded it for the grease pencil mark on the cover. Structurally an 8.5. Very light spine wear with only minor stress. Some wear at corners. A tiny tear at bottom edge of back cover. Off White/ white pages.

100% restoration free.

gl17.jpg

HOUSE OF MYSTERY #193 - VERY FINE PLUS (8.5 - 9.0) - 45.00

Very nice book with no major problems. Book is flat with nice color. Very light spine wear with almost no visible stress and just a hint of wear at the corners. Off White pages.

100% restoration free.

hom.jpg

SHOWCASE #7 - VERY GOOD MINUS - 225.00

2ND APPEARANCE OF THE CHALLENGERS (KIRBY).

Solid comic with no major problems. Book has light spine roll and some stress and vertical creasing at the spine. A couple of long light creases and corner creases. Book is wavy at the bottom 1/3rd, but no visible water stain. Could probably be pressed and be a solid VG plus. Off White pages.

100% restoration free.

showcase7.jpg

ohh trooper.....trooper......

STRANGE ADVENTURES #159 - VERY FINE - 75.00

I believe this is at least a partial Grey Tone cover.

Very nice book with just a bit of spine wear and great colors. Book is flat and has nice corners and edges. Off white to white.

100% restoration free.

strangeadventures.jpg