• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Free For All" Rant Thread

80 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago, some smug S.O.B. emails me, mocking me on a listed item, claiming that he's sold the item before, and that he demands I offer the book to him at a fair price -- privately. I respond in a very diplomatic fashion that the book has been listed in an public auction, and that I will not end the auction early to satisfy his request, albeit, a low-ball attempt to strongarm the book from me. I didn't add the last part. He emails me back saying that I'm not going to sell the book, and that its a joke I'm even attempting to list the book, and that if I should entertain the idea of reconsidering his offer, to get ready to beg and plea. I respond with the words "Are you harrassing me?"

I just found out today that guy reported me to spamabuse.org, and now my email is blacklisted! This coupled with the fact that I blew my knee out playing hockey last night, and won't be walking normally for 3-6 weeks. 893frustrated.gif

Alright...

Lets hear it from the rest of you who may be itching to go on a free for all sign-rantpost.gif

I just got raped on S&H, having paid a heavy fee for "required insured shipping" and receiving cheap, uninsured small packet shipping instead. I even get a receipt that has a big $0 in the Insurance column, so this guy is obviously quite experienced at ripping people off.

If there's anything that is going to drive me away from collecting, it's these shipping scammers on EBay. I really don't think I'l buy anything for awhile, as I'm absolutely sick of it.

I just got raped on S&H, having paid a heavy fee for "required insured shipping" and receiving cheap, uninsured small packet shipping instead. I even get a receipt that has a big $0 in the Insurance column, so this guy is obviously quite experienced at ripping people off.

If there's anything that is going to drive me away from collecting, it's these shipping scammers on EBay. I really don't think I'l buy anything for awhile, as I'm absolutely sick of it.

That bugs the hell out me too!

Have you confronted the seller about it?

Have you confronted the seller about it?

Nah, as me being ticked off about the scam will end up saving me money, and I can build my comic fund while I stew, and nab a rack of CGC Byrne's.

What surprises me about these lamers, is that they apparently don't care about lost sales from people like me. After you're on EBay awhile, word gets around about S&H scams, which was probably why I won the comics in the first place. 893frustrated.gif

A few weeks back I sold some Magic: The Gathering cards to a guy who promptly emailed me and said he would Paypal the money the next day. 3 days later, I send him a reminder and he replies back, "I bought the same cards from someone else yesterday for less. Can you just sell it to the next bidder? Thanks."

I emailed back reminding him that he was the winning bidder and he entered a binding contract when he placed his bid and won. He emails back 2 days later saying, "I do this all the time - what's the big deal?"

Finally, I send him Ebay's NPB info and tell him I expect payment within 5 days or I will report him. I was polite, but firm.

He finally pays with no further comment via Money Order. I send him the cards, and stupid me - I leave him positive feedback. A week later he leaves me with a Neutral, saying my emails were nasty! ARRRGGHH 893frustrated.gif

I guess it could have been worse - he could have left a neg, but it really pissed me off. From now on, no positive feedback when I sell unless I already have positive feedback from the buyer.

- D.

JC,

Another Canuck collector near me confessed the other day that he has made many GA comic buys on eBay the last 2.5 years & estimates he has been ripped off at least $1k on postage/insurance overcharged to Canada. 893frustrated.gif

Hey, I always get overcharged, and have kind of built some excess into my bids. But this wasn't just getting raped in terms of money, but lack of insurance (which the seller required for Paypal), which as you know, is virtually required this time of the year.

It's like some bizarre riddle. Seller forces insurance, yet never insures anything. Methinks I should buy a load of stuff, and then make a chargeback. 27_laughing.gif

He emails back 2 days later saying, "I do this all the time - what's the big deal?"
893whatthe.gif

He finally pays with no further comment via Money Order. I send him the cards, and stupid me - I leave him positive feedback. A week later he leaves me with a Neutral, saying my emails were nasty! ARRRGGHH

Something similar happened to me once; the guy complained he lost his job -- yadda-yadda; so I explain to him that I needed to file a Final Value Credit, and along with that, the NPB -- he leaves me a neutral!

You are right though; it could have been worse -- he could have stiffed you on the auction payment, and left you a retaliatory neg.

sign-rantpost.gif

Recently I sold a set of books on Ebay for about $8 ...when one of my auction concludes there will be several auto-emails sent...One from Auctionworks, Ebay, and Paypal....

The guy doesn't contact me for 1 1/2 weeks so I send him 2 reminder s each a day apart....another week passes w/no contact so I file a NPB alert....finally 3 days after the alert he contacts me saying that he usually pays right away as long as the seller contacts him immediatly, otherwise he just doesn't pay...

I firmly inform him that he definatly recieved several emails and that if he doesn't pay by friday the transaction will be void and I may leave negative feedback....Well...it's friday and no money.... 893frustrated.gif

I doubt if I am going to neg him though since he only has 4 feedbacks and I don't need a neg from a stupid newbie on an $8 purchase....

Gawd....don't people know that all the info they need to pay is usually within the auction listing at the auction close.... foreheadslap.gif

I doubt if I am going to neg him though since he only has 4 feedbacks and I don't need a neg from a stupid newbie on an $8 purchase....

Rick

Might be a good idea to set-up a buyers account on eBay. It rocks in cases like yours, because I'll leave negs to anyone that stiffs. But your right, it really sucks bags of wood when you use the account to sell.

Imagine my dillemma when I was ready to neg this piece of work only to find he'd already been NRU'd 893frustrated.gif

Bonds and I have plenty to rant about...but i'll just save it 27_laughing.gif I'm pretty much done with ebay if they do not reinstate my account...even then my activity on there will probably kept at a bare minimum.

I'm pretty much done with ebay if they do not reinstate my account...even then my activity on there will probably kept at a bare minimum.

I'm about ready to join that particular club. Between getting raped on S&H, posties stealing my packages, and the amount of absolute K-RAP that Disco Dadda, Blackbird and their cronies pump out there, I'm thinking of reasons why I should stay.

From now on, no positive feedback when I sell unless I already have positive feedback from the buyer.

- D.

A perfect example of how idiotic some ebayers can be. I learned real fast not to leave positive feedback first when I was on the selling end. It's just sad that a lot of these people have no integrity or shame when they do stuff like this. I'm glad you weren't negged. thumbsup2.gif

Bonds and I have plenty to rant about...but i'll just save it I'm pretty much done with ebay if they do not reinstate my account...even then my activity on there will probably kept at a bare minimum.

Rickdogg, Bonds

If you guys need a hand with reinstatement, let me know. I can send a few emails I sent eBay a little while back. It normally only involves proof (ID) faxed or mailed, and a letter. The last time I got NRU'd, I got reinstated -- no joke -- 3 days later, and I got NRU'd on the Friday, and was reinstated on Monday. acclaim.gif

eBay really gets on my nerves some times, but it really would suck to not have you guys share your wealth of knowledge on comics, buying experience, and your exemplary watchdog skills rickdogg.

Bonds and I have plenty to rant about...but i'll just save it I'm pretty much done with ebay if they do not reinstate my account...even then my activity on there will probably kept at a bare minimum.

Rickdogg, Bonds

If you guys need a hand with reinstatement, let me know. I can send a few emails I sent eBay a little while back. It normally only involves proof (ID) faxed or mailed, and a letter. The last time I got NRU'd, I got reinstated -- no joke -- 3 days later, and I got NRU'd on the Friday, and was reinstated on Monday. acclaim.gif

eBay really gets on my nerves some times, but it really would suck to not have you guys share your wealth of knowledge on comics, buying experience, and your exemplary watchdog skills rickdogg.

I heard of this before. It happened to a buddy of mine insane.gif How would we go about doing this? PM me tongue.gif