• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Hook Banned....

273 posts in this topic

And yes, he involved Brent (QualityComix) in the mess which was unfortunate. Brent had nothing to do with it. (He was to be used as the third party escrow/holder for the fraudulent transaction.)

Dad&Son's trimming "exercises" was just something he thought he'd throw in when they weren't showered with adulation.

That's right, Redhook had zilch to do with that. Why let facts get in the way though? Sure, CGC banned Brad for outing a trimmer. The mods are evil. The last days are upon us.

Let's go with that. :screwy:

Well it all adds up to a convenient way for everyone to ignore the fact that CGC misses trimming, I'll give you that.

Dad&Son's trimming "exercises" was just something he thought he'd throw in when they weren't showered with adulation.

That's right, Redhook had zilch to do with that. Why let facts get in the way though? Sure, CGC banned Brad for outing a trimmer. The mods are evil. The last days are upon us.

Well it all adds up to a convenient way for everyone to ignore the fact that CGC misses trimming, I'll give you that.

It's true, they did miss trimming (if you want to trust a wife stealing dirtbag), but that has nothing to do with Redhook's banning. He was banned for acting like a nutjob.

It's true, they did miss trimming, but that has nothing to do with his banning. He was banned for acting like a nutjob.

Actually, he was suspended for that, no one (moderator) has stated definitively why he was banned. It was just a whim apparently.

It's true, they did miss trimming (if you want to trust a wife stealing dirtbag), but that has nothing to do with his banning. He was banned for acting like a nutjob.

And bluechip is still here because... (shrug)

Weren't/aren't they both involved in a 'sting'?

Weren't they both guilty of withholding/manipulating facts?

Was at least one of their targets actually deserving of getting a good shafting? (thumbs u

If it makes you feel any better, banning is NOT an automated process, at least as far as I can tell. I'm an Administrator on another Forum - not comic related - and the way a user is banned is to pull up their name, click the "ban" checkbox, and hit submit.

So it's entirely possible Brad's reinstatement is just an oversight.

It's true, they did miss trimming, but that has nothing to do with his banning. He was banned for acting like a nutjob.

Actually, he was suspended for that, no one (moderator) has stated definitively why he was banned. It was just a whim apparently.

(shrug)

Whatever it was for, that last episode certainly warranted a banning. A recap just doesn't do it justice.

(shrug)

Whatever it was for, that last episode certainly warranted a banning. A recap just doesn't do it justice.

Plus, being banned from a comic-book forum seems like a light punishment compared to the legal charges that could have been brought against him for attempting to defraud some one else ...

If it makes you feel any better, banning is NOT an automated process, at least as far as I can tell. I'm an Administrator on another Forum - not comic related - and the way a user is banned is to pull up their name, click the "ban" checkbox, and hit submit.

You could be correct, but if that's the case then a moderator was literally sitting there watching the clock with their finger on the button to lift my suspension.

Was at least one of their targets actually deserving of getting a good shafting? (thumbs u

I really don't know.

I DO know that people here were acting like Brad got banned for doing or saying something that exposed a trim job that hurt CGC's credibility. I just wanted to set the record straight. He got banned for using the CGC site to perpetrate a scam and trying to pull something on par with the garbage he used to help expose.

Not enough people complained to Arch and Borock? (shrug)

Bluechip should stay because of his sheer genius: the man is single-handedly inventing an entirely new code of ethics and logics. Reading his posts give me headaches :eek:

I didn't say that the trimming had anything to do with Brad, only that he had colluded with someone (for something else entirely which was the "sting" on Goon) who made it quite clear that he was trimming books and purposefully trying to get them by CGC.

I definitely don't want there to be any misunderstandings or misrepresentations in this thread which is so often the case on these boards.

The moderators around here have serious issues. I suggest they seek counseling.

:screwy:

Uh, did you forget Redhook's last thread? The mods aren't the only ones who need some mental help.

hm

what was done/said I didn't get a chance to read it before it was pulled.

The whole bizarre Goonchild "sting" he set up with Dadandson?

It was seriously off the deep end.

that's where those books that were supposably trimmed were subbed

and not caught right?

hm

No, this was different. Brad set up an eBay auction for a book with an incorrect Green River designation. It was a Bethlehem labeled as a GR, and he knew it. After pulling the auction after a few minutes he tried to sell the book to Goonchild through a PM with help from Dadandson (who most will agree is a total dirtbag). Basically he knowingly misrepresented a book as part of some weird sting operation. Someone else might be able to add more details. The people involved came away looking like lunatics.

You know I really liked Hook's posts over the years but if this is true (only did a cursory scan of the thread when it started) then that is pretty messed up. What's with all these board members flaking out these days?

You could be correct, but if that's the case then a moderator was literally sitting there watching the clock with their finger on the button to lift my suspension.

Or that functionality was in an earlier version of UBBthreads, or there actually is a way to automate the process that we don't use on the other boards.

Or whomever unbanned you had less work to do then than now and could thus have the time + energy - or commitment - to being as precise as possible when lifting your suspension

I really don't know.

I DO know that people here were acting like Brad got banned for doing or saying something that exposed a trim job that hurt CGC's credibility. I just wanted to set the record straight. He got banned for using the CGC site to perpetrate a scam and trying to pull something on par with the garbage he used to help expose.

I don't think it was just the "sting" I think it had a lot to do with the "guilt by association" that I stated earlier. Whether that is a valid reason or not unfortunately is not for us to decide.