• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man #1 CGC 9.2 Ebay nuked it, so it's back here for the moment!

38 posts in this topic

EDIT: :news: SOLD

My ebay auction of this item just closed at £525 ($1033). I then received a note from ebay saying "Ooh sorry the buyer was under mind control at the time and isn't responsible for his bidding, so we've deleted all trace of the auction and it's your tough luck, byeee!"

:mad:

Just flipping great! I'd already earmarked some of that money!

So anyway, I'm about to go to bed. If anyone wants to just snap it up before I can be bothered to try to auction it again, it's yours for $1033 shipped anywhere in the world! (I lose on shipping but save the ebay fees!)

That's below current GPA prices.

Oh yeah, it's old-label OFF-WHITE

And now, the gallery...

drslabs.jpg

ironman1side.jpg

ironman1lbl.jpg

ironman1top.jpg

The case is nice and free of scratches or scuffs, but I did locate a couple of very small cracks along the top edge as seen here:

ironman1crack.jpg

Thanks for the interest agro. I'm still hopeful I can snag 1K for this. It's not asking a lot as all recent sales have been comfortably over that. Who knows, maybe the price will go even crazier as the film is imminent! :wishluck:

I find ebay's action here to be very strange. I would certainly have expected it to go to the next highest bidder. Surely the guy's bid should have simply been cancelled if anything?

For the record, here is ebay's ever so slightly cryptic explanation:

Thank you for listing the following item/s on eBay:

110238723097 The Invincible Iron Man #1 1968 CGC 9.2 NM- NICE LOT!

We have removed these listings and will credit all fees to your account because it has come to our attention that the items were bought without the account owner's authorisation. We are now restoring the account to its owner.

Please be assured that there is no negative mark on your account because of this. We only removed your listing so that we could credit all of your Insertion and Final Value Fees and prevent any further problems arising such as Unpaid Item disputes or negative feedback.

Note: It may take up to ten days for all the Insertion and Final Value Fee credits to be shown on your account status page.

You are free to list the item again using the Sell Your Item form or other listing tools. Unfortunately the listing won't appear as an Unsold item in My eBay and we can't relist it for you. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding in this difficult matter. If you have any questions or require assistance, you can contact us from any eBay Help page.

I am in no way giving a defence for feebay....

however they had to cancel it outright and couldn't offer to the highest bidder as the auction was void due to a bidder being misrepresented by another party.

After completing the sale the 2nd highest bidder would have grounds for a misleading sale due to said misrepresentation.

In other words it's the same as shill bidding. The auction was bid up under false pretenses!!!!

If the highest bidder couldn't complete the sale, and it was him bidding then it would have gone to the next highest bidder.

I am in no way giving a defence for feebay....

however they had to cancel it outright and couldn't offer to the highest bidder as the auction was void due to a bidder being misrepresented by another party.

After completing the sale the 2nd highest bidder would have grounds for a misleading sale due to said misrepresentation.

In other words it's the same as shill bidding. The auction was bid up under false pretenses!!!!

If the highest bidder couldn't complete the sale, and it was him bidding then it would have gone to the next highest bidder.

That is a fair point, although I would have the same would apply in any situation where the top bidder backs out.

I'm also a bit miffed that it will probably cross some people's minds to wonder whether this was something I did to try to shill my auction. Everyone who was bidding simply received notice that the auction was 'cancelled'. They didn't get an explanation. It's not fair on me. Bah!

Considering shipping it over to comiclink and letting it go in their next auction. Be a lot easier!

Everyone who was bidding simply received notice that the auction was 'cancelled'.

I thought the auction ended normally, then EBay got wind of the illegal account activity? I guess I'm not gleaning the right info from your initial post.

Everyone who was bidding simply received notice that the auction was 'cancelled'.

I thought the auction ended normally, then EBay got wind of the illegal account activity? I guess I'm not gleaning the right info from your initial post.

It ended normally, then very shortly after was cancelled by ebay due (supposedly) to the fact that the winning bidder was a hijacked account. First I heard of it was from pitboss who had bid on the auction early on.

All the bidders received a notification that the auction had been cancelled, which to my mind doesn't look good on me. Inexperienced (and perhaps experienced) ebayers might find the whole thing suspicious. Perhaps they might think I was shilling and won my own auction? I'm a bit nonplussed about it.

All the bidders received a notification that the auction had been cancelled

There is no way they should have, and if so, then EBay screwed up. Once the auction ended, it was between you and the final bidder.

All the bidders received a notification that the auction had been cancelled

There is no way they should have, and if so, then EBay screwed up. Once the auction ended, it was between you and the final bidder.

The high bidder had an account hi-jacking.

It's a good thing eBay did what it did as you probably would have been paid with a stolen credit card.

:P

It's a good thing eBay did what it did as you probably would have been paid with a stolen credit card.

We were talking about the mass notification to ALL bidders, after the auction had closed, not the fraudulent purchase.

EBay is really getting whacky, and is probably doing this automatically anytime an auction is shut-down, to curtail scammer "second chance offers". hm

EBay is really getting whacky, and is probably doing this automatically anytime an auction is shut-down, to curtail scammer "second chance offers". hm
That's probably what it is. To stop the second chance phish.

Oh well, somebody buy my slab! :grin:

I'll throw in a raw F/VF IM #128 (thumbs u

I tried unloading one already. I think the boards done with 128. So Ebay shafted you on that book, no other response than Hi-Jacking. Damn comic book terrorists...

Oh well, somebody buy my slab! :grin:

I'll throw in a raw F/VF IM #128 (thumbs u

I tried unloading one already. I think the boards done with 128. So Ebay shafted you on that book, no other response than Hi-Jacking. Damn comic book terrorists...

He he, I got caught up in the fad and bought up all the cheap ones I could find, and now have half a dozen 128's in F to VF/NM. I got one of them slabbed as a 9.2 and it's selling quite respectably on ebay as we speak :) Technically, it's the highest graded pence copy in the world :grin:

You know, on the bright side, I was a bit horrified when I saw the final value fees on that IM #1 auction! For what ebay were charging, I'm better off consigning it to the next comiclink auction. Reckon that's what I'll do. I'll just wait to see if my ASM #45 meets reserve, because if not then that could go too.

I bid as high as $850. That was the best I could do... :(

Shouldn't the auction have kicked down to the next highest bidder if the first one tanked? I don't understand eBay I guess...

Looks like you have a buyer at $850.00 if Argo is still on board? Lets say you put it on Clink for 1K and it sells, you get $900.00, might as well keep it in family for $50.00 bucks, wouldn't you say??? Easy sale no sending to Clink, just a easy paid sale.

Paul