• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEFORE AND AFTER...PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!

48 posts in this topic

I will start:

I mailed off three books today using my grading express coupon (IMy scanner isn't up yet so I can't scan the submission form, but I did mail them today via tracked USPS to CGC

My books and guesses:

FF Ann #2 - 8.5

FF #51 - 9.2

FF #56 - 9.2

When they come back I will post the grades :wishluck:

Well they arrived at CGC today :grin:

ORDER STATUS

Invoice No. Invoice Date No. of Comics Total Value Status

0770164 04/14/2008 3 XXXX Received

I will check every day and post the grading results as soon as they appear :wishluck:

I'll be sending in three with grading coupons asap before they expire...GL on the grades. I"ll post my subs when I choose them.

I don't get it?

If you guess 9.6 but it comes back 9.8 you lose.

However, in the end, you really win!

(thumbs u

But it's still a sweet scenario for you if it turns out that way... :thumbsup:

It only means you can't grade :baiting:

In my case, it would mean I'm right and CGC is WRONG! :devil:

OK...here's my 3 grades of the books I'm waiting on in my Mini-Grading Contest...

TOS 11 7.5

FF 2 3.0

X-MEN 1 6.0

I could well be 1/2-grade high but I'm trying to apply last-minute KARMA on the grades... :sumo:

T

GRADES just in (don't have books back yet...will post scans when I do...

TOS 11 7.5 ^^:banana: :banana: :banana:

Only 3 books graded higher in the entire universe...2-8.5s and 1-8.0...only 2 in 7.5!!!

FF 2 3.0 WOOHOO!!! Very awesome!!! ^^:banana: :banana: :banana:

drumroll please...

X-MEN 1...7.0!!! I guess I didn't wanna jinx this one...last recorded GPA sale in CGC 7.0...$4545...YOWZA!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thomas...what do I win???!!!

OK...here's my 3 grades of the books I'm waiting on in my Mini-Grading Contest...

TOS 11 7.5

FF 2 3.0

X-MEN 1 6.0

I could well be 1/2-grade high but I'm trying to apply last-minute KARMA on the grades... :sumo:

T

Only 3 books graded higher in the entire universe...2-8.5s and 1-8.0...only 2 in 7.5!!!

drumroll please...

X-MEN 1...7.0!!! I guess I didn't wanna jinx this one...last recorded GPA sale in CGC 7.0...$4545...YOWZA!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats Tom! :applause:(worship),

Unfortunately you have to post your guesses BEFORE they are actually submitted :sorry:

Well...that's OK...but I posted them before I knew the grades...I just found out the grades a few hours ago when I posted this...(?)

Yeah but you never indicated what you thought the grades were until today, when you found out the grades :shrug:

Well...that's OK...but I posted them before I knew the grades...I just found out the grades a few hours ago when I posted this...(?)

Yeah but you never indicated what you thought the grades were until today, when you found out the grades :shrug:

No...look at the post...I posted last nite at 11:05pm...and maybe this confused things, screwed things up, but I just pulled up my post and edited it this morning and added the grades that came in...

It's cool, man, if that's a hard rule that you have to post here before you actually send the books in, but I just saw that you re-introduced the thread/contest and knew my grades were imminent so closed my "Mini Grading Contest" last nite and posted my grade-guesses here (check when I, in conjunction, also closed my thread on the please grade my book category...11:01pm last nite!)...

Whatever...you guys are implying I would actually get the grades and then post here...WTF???!!! :o

Why, that would be...duplicitous and deceitful... :sumo:

No...look at the post...I posted last nite at 11:05pm...and maybe this confused things, screwed things up, but I just pulled up my post and edited it this morning and added the grades that came in...

It's cool, man, if that's a hard rule that you have to post here before you actually send the books in, but I just saw that you re-introduced the thread/contest and knew my grades were imminent so closed my "Mini Grading Contest" last nite and posted my grade-guesses here (check when I posted also closing my thread on the please grade my book category)...

Whatever...you guys are implying I would actually get the grades and then post here...WTF???!!! :o

I wasn't implying that at all! I didn't look up the post or the date. I just remembered the contest you had and that the books have been out for awhile. I just re strated this idea as a kind of a fun thing to do...I don't doubt your integrity. But the concept IS what it IS - Try to guess what CGC will grade them, posting it here BEFORE you send them in. After you find out the grades, then quote your original post and list the grades awarded. Too easy. CS society members can look up their grades before the books ever arrive in the mail...

BTW this isn't an "official" contest or anything, but I am considering offering a special prize for best percentage of subs guessed correctly from the folks who participate on this thread. Won't be until Jan 2009 however...gives everyone about 8 months.

OK...no sweat...it just looked like you could use another participant so I had just noticed it and jumped on board. I'll enter something later...T

:thumbsup:

TOS 11 7.5

FF 2 3.0

X-MEN 1 6.0

T

drumroll please...

Congrats on the grades!! :applause: Looks like you already won ... especially with your X-men #1 (worship)

Not at all my friend :foryou: We were just teasing you cuz you put them into one post! :)

OK Thomas here is the cheap junk I'm sending in.

Amazing spider-man 205 (9.6)

Avengers 174 (9.8)

Avengers 182 (9.6)

Captain America 239 (9.8)

Fantastic four 208 (9.8)

Fantastic four 211 (9.8)

Ironman 108 (9.6)

Marvel team up 53 (9.4)

I don't like giving out 9.8 grades on anything other then moderns but since I don't want to play it safe it is what it is.