• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEFORE AND AFTER...PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!

48 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I thought this was a fun idea so I will give it another try...I originally had this concept for a contest, but there were too many variables and it sort of..well...FLOPPED lol

I wanted to give it another go as a permanent sort of thread if possible.

Here's the premise...it's easy!

Everyone around here thinks they can grade? Well put your money where your mouth is!

Simply list what books you are going to submit and what grades you think they will receive. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE POST CORRECT THE FIRST TIME - NO GOING BACK TO EDIT :makepoint:

When they get back, you simply quote the original post and list the scans of the books when they arrive, or copy the grade results when they are posted in the CS order status if you are a CS member.

It's easy!

If you are wrong you are wrong, no biggie! You just can't grade worth a squat and will be the ridicule of many! :roflmao:

But if you are correct :acclaim:

The graemlin to use when you are correct ^^

The graemlin to use when you are wrong :makepoint:

Maybe we can keep a running tally in our sig line hm

I will start:

I mailed off three books today using my grading express coupon (IMy scanner isn't up yet so I can't scan the submission form, but I did mail them today via tracked USPS to CGC

My books and guesses:

FF Ann #2 - 8.5

FF #51 - 9.2

FF #56 - 9.2

When they come back I will post the grades :wishluck:

I will start:

I mailed off three books today using my grading express coupon (IMy scanner isn't up yet so I can't scan the submission form, but I did mail them today via tracked USPS to CGC

My books and guesses:

FF Ann #2 - 8.5

FF #51 - 9.2

FF #56 - 9.2

How convenient? :whistle:

I am currently using my laptop. The scanner is only configured to the desktop, and my internet service won't be hooked up until next week. I will post a scan of the form when it's hooked up LAWRENCE! :thumbsup:

I am currently using my laptop. The scanner is only configured to the desktop, and my internet service won't be hooked up until next week. I will post a scan of the form when it's hooked up LAWRENCE! :thumbsup:

thanks THOMAS! (shrug)

thanks THOMAS! (shrug)

You quite welcome my friend! :grin:

thanks THOMAS! (shrug)

Ok I'm gonna play I got a list of books that I'm going to send in next week. but if I say 9.6 or better and they are all 9.8 do I still win? :grin:

thanks THOMAS! (shrug)

Ok I'm gonna play I got a list of books that I'm going to send in next week. but if I say 9.6 or better and they are all 9.8 do I still win? :grin:

You have to be dead on.

However you can make notes (check out my sig at the bottom) for example:

^^ - 4

:makepoint: 3 OG(1), UG(2)

It's a work in progress - any suggestions are welcome :shrug:

I don't get it?

This isn't grading from scans so we should be able to be fairly accurate hm

^^ - 4 means four exactly guessed

:makepoint: - 3 OG(1) UG (2) means three were wrong, one overgraded, two undergraded

It defeats the purpose if everyone tries to make a "safe" grade guess and undergrades all the time.

Hell I can do that :shrug:

I don't get it?

If you guess 9.6 but it comes back 9.8 you lose.

However, in the end, you really win!

(thumbs u

But it's still a sweet scenario for you if it turns out that way... :thumbsup:

It only means you can't grade :baiting:

I will start:

My books and guesses:

FF Ann #2 - 8.5

FF #51 - 9.2

FF #56 - 9.2

Well they arrived at CGC today :grin:

ORDER STATUS

Invoice No. Invoice Date No. of Comics Total Value Status

0770164 04/14/2008 3 XXXX Received

I will check every day and post the grading results as soon as they appear :wishluck:

I'll play. Last week I sent in 18 books for grading on the Standard Tier - graded books should get back to me by early May.

Here are a few of my predictions (more to follow):

Fantastic Four #15 8.5

Fantastic Four #21 Northland 9.0

Fantastic Four #23 9.0

Fantastic Four #38 9.2

Silver Surfer #1 9.0

Avengers #5 9.0

Avengers #6 9.2

Daredevil #2 8.0

Tales of Suspense #52 9.0

Mad #11 9.0

(shrug):wishluck: