• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are these worth sending in? And how much to cost me?

12 posts in this topic

I am wondering if these are something I should send in for grading and if so what would they charge me? I have only 3 books graded so far from another company. Please tell me what you think they would grade at and the cost of grading.

Amazing Spiderman #50 Front Cover - Back Cover

Ghost Rider #11 Front Cover - Back Cover

Marvel Tales #143 Front Cover - Back Cover

Blackhawk #141 Front Cover - Back Cover

Fantastic Four #38 Front Cover - Back Cover

Forbidden Worlds #12 Front Cover - Back Cover

Thank you for your time.

They're certainly not worthless, just not worth paying the grading fees

Best one looks like the spidey 50 but the upper rh corner crease will knock it down to the point where you will do better selling raw. juggle.gif

Ok I think I have them fixed now. So your saying you think there pretty much worthless in there condition?
I think he is saying that CGC grading won't do much for the final value that you may achieve for it. It is better sold raw because it appeals to collectors who are interested in buying cheaper affordable copies. 893applaud-thumb.gif

There is definetly a difference between worthless and not worth sending in. For the most part, graded books only start bringing in significant premiums in the high grade range. But the majority of collectors still buy ungraded books, particularly in the mid-low grades, so they would definetly sell. But if you're looking for significant premiums, you're probably better off keeping them.

I'd send the ASM 50 in, as CGC keys sell for premiums over non-CGC ones, and more than make your grading cash back. There are many collectors who will spend the extra money just for the resto check, and the ability to have all their keys in CGC slabs.

Otherwise, if it's not a key, and not in high-grade, then either keep it sell it raw with a nice scan.

Well, the spidey 50 is a real looker except for that crease but cgc really downgrades heavily for creases like that. I'd guess 6.0 on that one. You should be able to sell it for just below guide, I would think. Fine books are always a bit of a tougher sell since they are too damaged to appeal to the high grade collectors and not damaged enough to appeal to the cheapskates. I'd guess 80% of guide on eBay. $100 or so. I'm not a spidey collector though, others may have more expertise on that particular book.

Well, the spidey 50 is a real looker except for that crease but cgc really downgrades heavily for creases like that. I'd guess 6.0 on that one. You should be able to sell it for just below guide, I would think. Fine books are always a bit of a tougher sell since they are too damaged to appeal to the high grade collectors and not damaged enough to appeal to the cheapskates. I'd guess 80% of guide on eBay. $100 or so. I'm not a spidey collector though, others may have more expertise on that particular book.

Yes, it sure looks nice excluding that crease.

I sold an average G+ copy earlier this year, with a sub crease, on eBay when someone went for the $75 BIN. I had figured at auction I'd get maybe $50 for it.

Yours looks so much better than the one that I sold that I have to think it could bring $100 (or more) easily unless the ASM market has really cooled off in the intervening months.