• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Online Baseball/Basketball Trading Card Quiz

28 posts in this topic

Where exactly did this guy get that a George Brett rookie card is worth $80 in NM? :screwy:

Or did he just randomly select conditions, then not tell us?

NM in graded sportscards is a 7. $80 will buy a NM George Brett rookie card.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1975-Topps-228-R-George-Brett-PSA-7-7868_W0QQitemZ370035629235QQihZ024QQcategoryZ55925QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Okay, I meant whatever is the top price in Beckett (he never stated NM), which I am pretty sure is more than $80. Does anyone have a Beckett?

Then again, since the graded boom/bust, I think raw values have been adjusted down in grade. I can remember seeing Brett's rookie listed for $125 raw, but that might have been for an 8 or 9, and now its backed down to 7 - much like OS dropped to 9.2 max. hm

That is the beckett price now. The highest grade for pre 80s card is a NM (7) listed. BTW I got a 65% and I actively collect cards.

I just received both as well. its amazing of all the "rare" cards. i know that the same card change hands a lot. I just finished reading "the card" while i have been laid up here at home. They talk about mastro, REA, PSA and everyone else. i havent read a book in over 10 years but finished this one in 3 days. i would definetly recommend it.

Everything's worthless to those who don't collect that thing. My Packers card collection isn't worth nearly as much as I paid, but it's damn cool to me.

I've totally forgotten where I was going with this post. I'm sure it was very intelligent and insightful.