• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sean and POV's Haiku Hacienda

43 posts in this topic

What? No more Haiku? I am going to stock up on sake and contribute. Come ON. Lettuce see haiku!

(for the ones who do not know - Haiku is classically a 3 line poem - no rhyming needed. It is broken up as follows:

1st line - 5 syllables

2nd line - 7 syllables

3rd line - 5 syllables

It is intended to convey a feeling. Often the lines do not obviously relate to each other but the finished piece has an overall tone. Usually the seasons are involved but here in comic land we have our own seasons. Mine tends to be the pre-code season.

So let's hear some haiku!!!!!!!

Boards missing haiku

Moderator's sharp eyes guard

Who is next to fail?

Raga Veen silent

Multiple frets are too tall

Music soon will come

Whoah! You DO listen!

Seriously - transitioning from sitar to rudra vin caused my right hand to have problems: basically a long nerve is being caught between two tendons. For now some cortisone and pohysical therapy is in order. If no better results soon then surgery. Not looking forward to that as I had surgery that is still healing on my left hadn from the sitar. But whatever it takes!

Tendons squeezing nerve

Darkness blankets the daylight

Food still is prepared

(I think you will get that one, Kenny - even if those kids at school Do tease you!)

Inebriated

The best way to read the boards

Understandably

First and third one word

Second monosyllabic

Patterns revealing

Five syllables quick

Seven much more difficult

Not impossible