• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaultAuctions Update

60 posts in this topic

NWOBHM.

(shrug)

New Wave Of British Heavy Metal

How did Metallica usher in the NWOBHM. I remember listening to them at 16 and NEVER heard anything like it and was listening to everything at the time.

BTW, they still rule. That's how I fugged up my neck.

:eek:

Over. Finished. Gone. Done. Out. :(

*A No-Prize to anyone who names the tune*

Fixed that for you.

Anthrax, "Finale". :cool: (Just about every piece of software I've written has that lyric in a comment somewhere.)

Hey Alan! :hi:

And you'll notice my edit...which I got through milli-seconds before you put me to rights. :insane:

Feh, just another overrated American heavy metal band. Why can`t a country of over 200 million produce one decent heavy metal band?

Pantera,Pumpjack,Metallica just to name a few,the list could go on for days.

How did Metallica usher in the NWOBHM. I remember listening to them at 16 and NEVER heard anything like it and was listening to everything at the time.

Metallica DIDN'T usher in NWOBHM. They were heavily INFLUENCED by it thanks to Lars and the records that he brought in from Europe, while most American "metal" kids were listening to pure commercial krap.

When Metallica came on the scene, they sounded unique to American ears. To British ears, they didn't sound all that groundbreaking.

Metallica DIDN'T usher in NWOBHM. They were heavily INFLUENCED by it thanks to Lars and the records that he brought in from Europe, while most American "metal" kids were listening to pure commercial krap.

When Metallica came on the scene, they sounded unique to American ears. To British ears, they didn't sound all that groundbreaking.

Gotcha. Did you grow up in the UK?

R.

Gotcha. Did you grow up in the UK?

R.

No, but in a British colony, so all the Brit kids would bring all their new albums to HK after spending the summer and holidays back in the UK.

Been a NWOBHM Since 1979 (and still am) but one of the greatest US "metal" groups has to be The MC5. Considered by some as not really being "Metal" but they were the US group that crossed the line from Hard Rock into Heavy Metal and were a big influence on a lot of NWOBHM

I have heard they took their inventory [collectors consigned goods] with them when they folded. Alot of angry people if I remember correctly.

Who did you hear this from as ive not heard this before. Maybe FT can comment on wether this is true or not.