• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaultAuctions Update

60 posts in this topic

Over. Finished. Gone. Done. Out. :(

*A No-Prize to anyone who names the tune*

Fixed that for you.

Anthrax, "Finale". :cool: (Just about every piece of software I've written has that lyric in a comment somewhere.)

Hey Alan! :hi:

And you'll notice my edit...which I got through milli-seconds before you put me to rights. :insane:

Feh, just another overrated American heavy metal band. Why can`t a country of over 200 million produce one decent heavy metal band?

Well, you have to define heavy metal first.

Jethro Tull

Although not a headbanging tune, Jethro Tull's "Skating Away" (On the Thin Ice of the New Day) is as good as it gets. :think: Although "Fat Man" is pretty formidable too. :headbang:

I have heard they took their inventory [collectors consigned goods] with them when they folded. Alot of angry people if I remember correctly.

Who did you hear this from as ive not heard this before. Maybe FT can comment on wether this is true or not.

Whilst there's more to it than that (the consignments have not been liquidated, nor has any financial benefit been derived), it's basically correct. Certain goods have not been returned. :(

Fixed that for you.

Anthrax, "Finale". :cool: (Just about every piece of software I've written has that lyric in a comment somewhere.)

And you'll notice my edit...which I got through milli-seconds before you put me to rights. :insane:

Feh, just another overrated American heavy metal band. Why can`t a country of over 200 million produce one decent heavy metal band?

The first four Metallica albums make your statement nonsensical

I knew someone would mention Metallica! They don't count because their drummer is Danish and he turned the rest of the guys onto NWOBHM.

Fine, whatever.

Slayer.

Fixed that for you.

I knew someone would mention Metallica! They don't count because their drummer is Danish and he turned the rest of the guys onto NWOBHM.

Fine, whatever.

Slayer.

(thumbs u

You also might want to include Blue Oyster Cult...go listen to 'Tyranny & Mutation' and tell me they didn't have the genre nailed back in '72. :headbang:

Fixed that for you.

Fine, whatever.

Slayer.

(thumbs u

You also might want to include Blue Oyster Cult...go listen to 'Tyranny & Mutation' and tell me they didn't have the genre nailed back in '72. :headbang:

"Tyranny and Mutation" is a great and classic record, especially in warm weather. The first one is, too, and if you don't have it, the Stalk Forest Group release ("St. Cecilia: The Elektra Recordings" on Rhino) of their first recorded LP and demos is a must. But - and don't get me wrong, I'm a huge BOC fan - they're more of a great hard rock band than pure metal, say, like Judas Priest in their prime. BOC's "On Your Feet or On Your Knees" comes closest to metal, in my book.

I wonder what the Blazing One would have to say on the matter?

Fixed that for you.

Fine, whatever.

Slayer.

(thumbs u

"Tyranny and Mutation" is a great and classic record, especially in warm weather. The first one is, too, and if you don't have it, the Stalk Forest Group release ("St. Cecilia: The Elektra Recordings" on Rhino) of their first recorded LP and demos is a must. But - and don't get me wrong, I'm a huge BOC fan - they're more of a great hard rock band than pure metal, say, like Judas Priest in their prime. BOC's "On Your Feet or On Your Knees" comes closest to metal, in my book.

I wonder what the Blazing One would have to say on the matter?

I've got every album they ever did...even the recent stuff :sick: ...and have been lucky enough to see them about four times.

I know what you're saying about them being 'rock', but 'On Your Feet...' is as good a metal live album as you'll hear. :headbang:

I have heard they took their inventory [collectors consigned goods] with them when they folded. Alot of angry people if I remember correctly.

Who did you hear this from as ive not heard this before. Maybe FT can comment on wether this is true or not.

Whilst there's more to it than that (the consignments have not been liquidated, nor has any financial benefit been derived), it's basically correct. Certain goods have not been returned. :(

Are they out of his control? That's the only thing I can think of to why he hasn't returned them. But then again, there are probably lots of situations I haven't thought of...

Jim

I love BOC. But a heavy metal band they`re not.

Fine, whatever.

Slayer.

Sucked. And so-o-o overrated.

Next?

Wha? You serious? Slayer was the epitome of metal. Raining Blood - live? When those first 3 drum beats hit....

Everyone who came after will fully and readily acknowledge they were trying to live up to Slayer. Kerry King set a new style with his shredding - not technical guitar, just shredding. That period in the late 80s with Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, and Seasons in the Abyss is as good of an output as you'll ever hear. Not to mention all the imagery - again they set the standard for that. Everyone since has been an imitator.

And to throw another great US metal band out there, Pantera. Not the consistency of early Metallica or Slayer, but when they were on, they were ON. Very "American" style as well.

Black Flag and the Bad Brains.

Tim, don't be a hater. I know you were moshing at the 930 in 1983. :headbang:

Black Flag. :acclaim:

I am going to see Henry Rollins do some spoken word in Melbourne on Monday night.

Went to Monash University a few years back to see him doing spoken word. It was great.

Also saw him with the Rollins band a few years back. They were suppoerted by Marc Of Cain. It was fantastic.

The last 6 months has been great in Melbourne.

I have also seen Iron Maiden & Slayer both of which were great value shows.

Russ...

Not to mention all the imagery - again they set the standard for that. Everyone since has been an imitator.

They were just imitators of what came before. The whole satanic thing had been done to death already by Sabbath, Mercyful Fate, Venom, etc. For imagery, Iron Maiden set the standard.

Well, of course I`d classify both of these as punk rather than metal. I do like Bad Brains, who were way out there. I liked Black Flag before Rollins joined.

Well, of course I`d classify both of these as punk rather than metal. I do like Bad Brains, who were way out there. I liked Black Flag before Rollins joined.

No love for rollins? (shrug)

No love for rollins? (shrug)

None.