• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - One CGC Book, Silver Surfer #4 White Pages ppd. price SOLD

42 posts in this topic

I have one CGC book for sale. This is from an original owner collection, mine.

This issue feature the classic Thor and Silver Surfer Rainbow bridge cover, 25 cent 68 page format.

CGC Serial #0770379001 with White Pages. $235.00 SOLD!

Price includes boxed Priority Shipping with delivery confirmation and insurance.

silversurfer4.jpg

:takeit:

If pm accepted.

Case in point - this post is meaningless, and is only meant to intimidate others from posting the :takeit: sign. :sumo:

Absent acceptance by the seller, the poster has no rights to the book. :)

(tsk)

If pm accepted.

Case in point - this post is meaningless, and is only meant to intimidate others from posting the :takeit: sign. :sumo:

(tsk)

I normally do a better job of posting the rules and requirements on my sales threads.

I do have another buyer willing to pull the trigger, right now. :frustrated:

If pm accepted.

(tsk)

I normally do a better job of posting the rules and requirements on my sales threads.

That's my point - There is no reason anyone else can't pull the trigger. Period. :sumo:

Nice book! btw (thumbs u

If pm accepted.

(tsk)

That's my point - There is no reason anyone else can't pull the trigger. Period. :sumo:

Nice book! btw (thumbs u

Unless he was meeting the price and was just checking to see if the seller was willing to ship to Canada since the seller didn't specify anything about overseas shipping.

Any "negotiating" and using :takeit: at the same time is poor form.

If pm accepted.

(tsk)

No offense to Roy, but I agree. Conditional :takeit: do not belong in threads. Work your deals out via PM and if someone takes the book outright before the deal is complete, then tough sh*t. :sumo:

If pm accepted.

(tsk)

Nice book! btw (thumbs u

Thanks David (thumbs u right back at you

Ok.

The book has been sold to Black00SS. He has been having technical difficulties with posting to the boards and was the first one to pm me about the book to begin with. But I was reluctant because of his inability to post the board and how this would look to others that were equally interested.

But he has had no hesitation in his desire to purchase the book so it is now sold to him.

:applause: Thank you so very much! :applause:

As for Roy. He was not negotiating price, he was asking questions about the book.

I had mentioned to him about the shipping to Canada would increase the price and if that would cause problems. I did a poor job of setting the conditions to begin with, something I normally do a better job of.

Andrew has always been willing to buy the book and was the first to accept the book, he just couldn't post the :takeit: in the thread

I feel bad, as I do not want anyone to be upset, due to my causing confusion with this.

:sorry:

Like I said, I don't have a single problem with Roy. Roy is great and it wasn't my intention to single him out, but a conditional :takeit: is problematic on many levels to all interested parties.

You did a fine job. It's hard to cover every contingency in those few little sentences we put at the top. (thumbs u

You did a fine job. It's hard to cover every contingency in those few little sentences we put at the top. (thumbs u
I agree, and congratulations on the sale. It's a great book.

Hey gang, I just noticed that there looked to be some slab damage at the rh top and lh bottom and that was the main reason for my conditional post.

It was not meant to be a stall tactic. This is a grail of mine and I did not want to post an :takeit: if there was SCS.

Sucks to lose out on such a sweet book. I actually think the book should be mine but whatever.

Andrew/Black00SS if you ever end up selling the book, please let me know.

R.

If pm accepted.

(tsk)

Nice book! btw (thumbs u

Really azz wipe? Isn't that why pm's are timed? So people can keep track of who did what first? Go police your own household, I'm getting tired of your trolling me from forum to forum.

R.

If pm accepted.

(tsk)

Nice book! btw (thumbs u

Unless he was meeting the price and was just checking to see if the seller was willing to ship to Canada since the seller didn't specify anything about overseas shipping.

Any "negotiating" and using :takeit: at the same time is poor form.

You're wrong there. It's actually good form and good customer service to accomodate as many people as possible.

1) Some people want to be anonymous, so they won't post an :takeit:

2) Other people will want to have specific questions answered before a purchase. Stuff like shippin, back cover, date stamps etc. If a seller is not thorough in his description he has an obligation to answer questions in my opinion.

3) I always accomodate pm's AND :takeit: and make a decision based on WHEN the post or pm was made. That is the most fair way to accomodate a buyer.

I personally think it is unfair to force someone's hand into buying a book if they are not sure. I thought the boards where all about fair practice for both buyer and seller? Why would a prospective buyer not be allowed to ask questions? Especially if it is someone that has a decent track record on these boards and not a newbie where motive could be questionable due to lack of experience or references.

R.

I don't believe that anyone is preventing the asking of questions, Roy. However, I do believe that if someone is willing to take a book before you or anyone else has made a final decision then that's the breaks.

But, the actions of one person should not generate confusion as to whether a book is still available for sale or not to the rest of the forum.