• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - One CGC Book, Silver Surfer #4 White Pages ppd. price SOLD

42 posts in this topic

Hey gang, I just noticed that there looked to be some slab damage at the rh top and lh bottom and that was the main reason for my conditional post.

It was not meant to be a stall tactic. This is a grail of mine and I did not want to post an :takeit: if there was SCS.

Sucks to lose out on such a sweet book. I actually think the book should be mine but whatever.

Andrew/Black00SS if you ever end up selling the book, please let me know.

R.

Roy,

Like several other folks, you asked about problems with the lower RH corner. I answered that and mentioned that there was no slab damage. I also mentioned the shipping issue. I know how upset people can be if the think that they are being screwed over by shipping profiteering. I wanted your ok before I could be sure that you wouldn't be upset.

I should have been clearer about shipping in my original post. My bad, I'm sorry

:takeit:

If pm accepted.

Case in point - this post is meaningless, and is only meant to intimidate others from posting the :takeit: sign. :sumo:

Absent acceptance by the seller, the poster has no rights to the book. :)

(tsk)

I normally do a better job of posting the rules and requirements on my sales threads.

I do have another buyer willing to pull the trigger, right now. :frustrated:

That's my point - There is no reason anyone else can't pull the trigger. Period. :sumo:

Nice book! btw (thumbs u

Really azz wipe? Isn't that why pm's are timed? So people can keep track of who did what first? Go police your own household, I'm getting tired of your trolling me from forum to forum.

R.

Roy,

Please let's end this. If you are upset with anyone, please let it just be with me. Others were just trying to be helpful.

Dave

Dave I'm not upset with you. Divad makes it a point lately to chew on my azz so that post was directed 100% at him. For some reason he has made things personal with me. Don't know what I did to him.

No hard feelings towards you as you did the best you could under the circumstances.

Like I mentioned in a later post, I am a big advocate for selling a book in a comfortable environment. With pm's being timed and there being a line up to the book there should be no problem answering questions in order of receipt. But that's my opinion and one not shared by everyone on the boards.

I will always take people on a first come first save basis. That means if several people have an interest in a book I will give first rights of refusal to the person that first inquired whether posted an :takeit: or just asked a question. In fact if there are multiple buyers I always (as often as I remember to do) notify the 1st person that there is another buyer and if they refuse then the book moves on. Anyone that has bought some of my books from my latest threads is free to chime in if they like to verify.

The only exception that there should be to this rule is if someone is negotiating price. Then all bets are off. But negotiating shipping, asking questions about the book, negotiating payment schedule....those are all very real and credible reasons to hold a book for someone.

Like I said Dave, there are no hard feelings towards you. I am simply expressing my beliefs as I live by them. And I do feel strongly about them. And I will continue to sell books that way on here.

Congrats on the sale. That is a hot looking book and I would love to own it one day!

Roy.

This is such a silly defensive post, I've got nothing to say except what my friend Del used to say . . . "Look at yourself." :grin:

I've got nothing against you Roy, just the silly things you choose to do.

This is such a silly defensive post, I've got nothing to say except what my friend Del used to say . . . "Look at yourself." :grin:

I've got nothing against you Roy, just the silly things you choose to do.

Divad I have nothing that needs defending. My intentions where honorable and need no explanation. Anyone that has read my posts knows that next to JIM #89 this is a grail book for me. In other words my actions are justified, from my pm to my posts here. I simply expected the same courtesy that I extend to others.

You on the other hand? Why doesn't everyone go back and read this thread and see whether you were being an azz or not?

Sure you can qualify your statement by saying "No offense to Roy" but why do I and other board members think that you had no right stating what you did in a thread when the topic was meant to be merely technical? I know. Because you're an azz. Or maybe you need to be a little more careful in the way you interact with people so you don't come across as an azz. Unless you don't care about how you are perceived.

R.

first one to post the stake gets it....rulz

Those were not the rules of this thread.

;)

just the rulz I play by...no offense :foryou:

Like I said, no offense taken.

(thumbs u

I am going to kick Doc Watson in the 'nads in Chicago though.

Well, I was going to do that anyway.

lol

Divad, great come back. Too bad you turned out to be a dink. I used to like you.

R.

Do you have problems spelling? Be a man and accept some responsibility for your actions. I don't need to listen to your bs. End. Of. Story. :roflmao:

Too bad everyone here seems to be cursed with having to listen to your BS. :sick:

Don't forget Roy, it's all about YOU . . . :grin:

Why can't you just say, "Geez guys, I'm sorry I was just being greedy and I fugged up."

p.s. I never liked you. :)

Yup Divad. It's all about me. I shill bid my own Vampirella #1 CGC 9.0 on Ebay 3 times by hitting the BIN with 3 different shill accounts at 3 different times and then saying that the buyer backed out. I overgraded my bronze age Thor to a 10.0 here on the boards. I started a probation thread to make myself feel important. I call other board members cheaters and lairs while not being able to keep my own actions beyond reproach. That's right Divad. It's all about me.

(thumbs u

You sure you want to continue on with this?

regarding your second sentance:

That's the thing. I wasn't being greedy. I actually liked (no loved) the book but you are so bent on assigning motive to people (it's called crossing a line) that it is starting to bite you in the azz. The pm's just keep coming in to me about what a jerk off you are so I guess either we must all be having the same bad dream or you really are a plick.

To bad you can't see what's going on.

And you never liking me?

Your loss.

:applause:

R.

Not my loss at all. And btw, I've never shilled an auction or a BIN or anything in my life . . . not like others around here. You're a lot of hot air. You should actually have facts before you make accusations. :)

You think by telling lies, you make friends? You are even a smaller man than I thought. :grin:

Not my loss at all. And btw, I've never shilled an auction or a BIN or anything in my life . . . not like others around here. You're a lot of hot air. You should actually have facts before you make accusations. :)

Yup Divad. I'm hot air. Because that is how I make friends. I need to impress them. I need to pretend I'm the big man to be somebody. That's it.

Is there anyone on here that is genuine besides you?

David Dunbar, I gave you every opportunity to play nice in this sandbox. I don't know why but you don't get along very well. I would gladly give you a piece of my mind (and then some) in person but you are not worth it. I've wasted enough of my evening trying to teach you how to exist on these boards without making trouble.

I'm not going to put you on ignore just in case you try spilling more lies about me but I truly wish I could.

I'm done here. My posts and your posts speak volumes. Nothing more needs to be said.

Good bye.

R.

I think you both should show the seller some respect and end this! ;)

don't we have a "general discussion" thread for this nonsense (shrug)

Well the book is sold, it's a dead thread and all.

In any case I'm done here. Sorry guys but he got my blood boiling.

I'm feeling better now.

My girlfriend needs some attention as I've wasted almost 2 hours on this nonsense.

R.