• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW! ASM 86 at almost $1,500 in 9.4! What gives?

21 posts in this topic

Any ideas why this book is so hot? A 9.2 closed out at $252 a couple of days ago. See links below.

V/R,

Mike

+++++++++++++++

ASM 86 9.4 OW/W--Almost $1500!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190213666323&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009#ebayphotohosting

ASM 86 9.2 OW/W--Closed at $252.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360040680100&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023

I would absolutely love to have a nice copy of this (i.e., 8.0) as it was the first Spider-Man I bought from the newsstand back in 1970. I always take a look at this issue at comic book conventions and the lower grade copies I see always have tanning, especially around the edges of the interior covers. Bad paper for that month or bad luck on my part?

Yes, Brian, it does look like someone may have done that. Very high price for this isse. Every time I see something like this, I wonder if I would be better suited pulling my NM ASMs and sending them off to new owners. I haven't given in to the dark side just yet. ;-)

And yes, the is an old-fashioned, typed emoticon!

V/R,

Mike

Looks like a POSSIBLE shill upped the final bid paid to 2275 dollars. I would be willing to bet that if I list my 9.4 copy on eBay tomorrow, it won't break a grand.

True that my brother...let's double-post and set reserve at $1500...

Hey Gang,

I'm the seller of this ASM 86. It turns out the final underbidder was a zero-feedback flake/thrill bidder of some sort - now "no longer a registered eBay user" so the real final bid price was $1,469 -- NOT $2,275.

Still an incredible result, but not AS crazy as might have looked when the auction first ended.

Hey Gang,

I'm the seller of this ASM 86. It turns out the final underbidder was a zero-feedback flake/thrill bidder of some sort - now "no longer a registered eBay user" so the real final bid price was $1,469 -- NOT $2,275.

Still an incredible result, but not AS crazy as might have looked when the auction first ended.

I sold my ASM 86 CGC NM+ 9.6 and only got $415.00.

CAL :news:

Hey Gang,

Even at the $1469, there is NO LOGICAL explanation for this sales price...sure it's one of the more rare BA ASM in 9.4 or better...that's why it goes for $500 range, and not $300-350 range. You could expect to buy 3 ASM 86 in 9.4 for this price...makes NO SENSE!!! And as someone else mentioned, not even a perfect copy by any means... :insane::o

Hey Gang,

:cry:

I would have happily paid more for it

Hey Gang,

OK, but at least the winning bidder was crazy enough to bid $2275. These things establish new GPA levels and in future auctions bidders feel obliged to bid more to meet the historical prices others have paid.

Hey Gang,

Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? ME!

:tonofbricks:

Hey Gang,

OK, but at least the winning bidder was crazy enough to bid $2275. These things establish new GPA levels and in future auctions bidders feel obliged to bid more to meet the historical prices others have paid.

The very reason I won't use GPA

too many Sellers cling to it

like the Antique Junk dealers splattered all over the country

they see the NM- 9.2 Column in the OGPG and that is the quote they sell VG 3.0 junk at - I always turn around and walk out

CAL doh!

Hey Gang,

Well, good for you! Always good when a boarder makes a good sale.

V/R,

Mike

Hey Gang,

Well, good for you! Always good when a boarder makes a good sale.

V/R,

Mike

Yes agreed!!!

CAL :applause: