• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age of Animation

101 posts in this topic

A thread devoted to the pioneer's of Animation. I'll get this thing started with a few clips from early artists, but please feel free to add your own favorite clips or commentary as this rolls along. Embedding the video is quite simple, just copy the embedded code and paste like you would for a post, but change the "Markup" option right below the "Post" window from "using UBBCode" to either "usingHTMLCode" or "usingHTML and USSCode" as needed.

Sit back and enjoy some vintage cartoons and stop-frame animation. :popcorn:

I'm not reaaly sure why it is that the post screen is getting smaller, but hopefully it will readjust on the next page. I did notice if you cut and paste a response in the "Quick Reply" screen of a prevoius post, it will read "HTML is enabled UBBCode is enabled", so just cut & paste quick reply to any previous YouTube entry.

"A Cat's Life" Terrytoon with Farmer Gray- Paul Terry

Seems the "Quick Reply" is the best ticket for posting numerous YouTube posts.

This one is for Shiverbones!

Silly Symphonies- Walt Disney- “The Skeleton Dance”

Silly Symphonies- Walt Disney- “The Old Mill”- Academy Award Winning Short- 1937

This short was made to test some of the new animation techniques Walt Disney wanted to use for "Snow White", in particular rain, reflections on water and wind.