• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC Art..Ethan Van Sciver Trophy Wall Added...just sick.

39 posts in this topic

I got some of them too.....

It was great meeting your guys. Evil, MK, and the gang. A nice dinner Saturday night, a nice time all around. On to the sketches.

I will start with the Zombies to so that you don't have to wait for it...

Tony Moore took my initial idea and made it far better than I imagined.

"Rick pays his respects"

NYCC2008Sketch3.jpg

Then Lee Bermejo turned in a cover quality con sketch....hours of effort and a ton of skill went into this Two-Face.

Two-Face by Bermejo

BermejoTwoFace.jpg

Then a couple published pieces:

Eric Powell's Swamp Thing #29 Cover Art

This was the final cover in the series before it ended. It is a fitting image.

SwampThing29group2.jpg

And a page from Chris Weston's "The Filth" written by Grant Morrison.

Killer Chimps can be very creative

Page13.jpg

I love all these pieces...it was a great show.

I got a new Trophy Wall by Ethan Van Sciver that is 14x18 and will take some creativity to scan properly and more art from Chris Weston I will post later.

What a fun show...nice seeing/meeting you all.

Chris

Great pieces! Although I heard you have quite a bit more scanning to do... hm

Once again, more proof that Moore does his fans right. Full sketches WITH backgrounds. For $100. Unbelievable.

Yeah I am gonna be scanning for a while...but it's gonna be fun. :luhv:

I saw that Moore was charging $100 now as opposed to $80 in Charlotte last year but what he was giving fans in NYC was even more detailed and intricate than he had done before....and worth it even if he were charging $200. :applause:

I hear you got a nice Moore...and Adlard...and and and..... hm your public is calling you.

Glad you made it home safe...airports were a mess in NYC departing.

C

I hear you got a nice Moore...and Adlard...and and and..... hm your public is calling you.

I had Adlard contribute to a jam piece. He accidentally did a solo one, as well. Since it was inscribed "To Felix", I figured I had to buy it.

I have since lost the solo one :frustrated::pullhair: but at least I still have the jam piece :cloud9:

Will be posting soon...

Love the Tony Moore piece! Did you request having it personalized or does Tony automatically do it?

The reason I ask is that it seems like all the NYC commissions show so far from him are personalized.

Love the Tony Moore piece! Did you request having it personalized or does Tony automatically do it?

The reason I ask is that it seems like all the NYC commissions show so far from him are personalized.

Yep, I believe he requires personalization, otherwise I'm sure a lot of his con sketches would have been up on ebay by now lol

Yep, I believe he requires personalization, otherwise I'm sure a lot of his con

sketches would have been up on ebay by now lol

I thought that might be the case. Its a shame because I'd rather not have art personalized but I can understand the artist fearing you may sell it on ebay.

Chris

Great pick-ups!!! (thumbs u

I thought I spotted you across the aisles in Artist Alley. I lost sight of you otherwise I would have stopped by to say hello.

I saw the EVS trophy wall piece, it looks great.

Felix

I didn't realize you were at the show otherwise, I would have looked for you and introduced myself.

All the best.

Cheers!

Nelson