• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC Art..Ethan Van Sciver Trophy Wall Added...just sick.

39 posts in this topic

I want to see the darn trophy wall, scan it in 4 pieces who cares, show it NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Here is a pic of a trophy wall Ethan did and put up on another forum. I assume it is the same one Pirate wants to see so badly.

http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64232

That's nice of you to provide a link for Pirate, but maybe that should have been done via PM? Chris has said he's fixing up a scan in PhotoShop...let's wait to see it at its best.

I did happen to see it at NYCC and it -ing rocks.

I want to see the darn trophy wall, scan it in 4 pieces who cares, show it NOWWW (snip)

Ok just for you...here it is....

Loki's Avengers Disassembled Trophy Wall

Made a nice scan.

C

Here is a pic of a trophy wall Ethan did and put up on another forum. I assume it is the same one Pirate wants to see so badly.

That's nice of you to provide a link for Pirate, but maybe that should have been done via PM? Chris has said he's fixing up a scan in PhotoShop...let's wait to see it at its best.

The artist posted the commission himself, whats the big deal posting a link? (shrug) It's a flat out awesome piece Chris.

The artist posted the commission himself, whats the big deal posting a link? (shrug) It's a flat out awesome piece Chris.

Thanks Anthony,

Ethan requested a clean large res scan so he can include it in his next sketchbook, which I took care of tonight for him.

All he had was his digi cam shot for his blog, now he's got a nicer one to use.

I love it,

Chris

To me, it wouldn't be considerate posting a "spoiler", as it were. If I spend the time and money to commission a piece, I'd like to decide when and how to show it off. In this case, yes, the artist already posted it somewhere. Par2ch could have just as easily PM'd you the link since you wanted to see it so bad. I didn't think it was necessary to post it here when Chris already said HE WOULD BE POSTING A SCAN SOON.

That's just me, if you don't agree, that's OK, too. But since you seem to be so sensitive to board etiquette like posting in correct forums, not hijacking threads (such as the "Pirate Art Day" one), I'm kinda surprised you don't get this.

Anyhow, another great Trophy Wall.

To me, it wouldn't be considerate posting a "spoiler", as it were. If I spend the time and money to commission a piece, I'd like to decide when and how to show it off. In this case, yes, the artist already posted it somewhere. Par2ch could have just as easily PM'd you the link since you wanted to see it so bad. I didn't think it was necessary to post it here when Chris already said HE WOULD BE POSTING A SCAN SOON.

That's just me, if you don't agree, that's OK, too. But since you seem to be so sensitive to board etiquette like posting in correct forums, not hijacking threads (such as the "Pirate Art Day" one), I'm kinda surprised you don't get this.

You mean like you're doing now? You say i'm sensitive, sheesh.

You mean like you're doing now? You say i'm sensitive, sheesh.

Guys, Guys, Guys...

You are both friends of mine...It's ok really. I am ok with all of it.

I would have preferred to post it with a great scan so the first time people saw it they saw how nice it was, but being that Ethan put up pics first that did not happen. It really does not bug me either way. I am thrilled with this great piece and I know you can't unring a bell so I am not tossing and turning over it.

Felix, thanks for jumping in much appreciated and Anthony, thanks for all the kind words.

No need for anyone to get upset with each other.....koooom BY AHHHH my lord....Kooom By AHHHH. :applause:

Chris

Very Cool Chris. The Wasp as a pin cusion IS a little disturbing though...Congrats!

He's pinning her down like you would a butterfly in an insect collection. :gossip:

AWESOME trophy wall commish!

I'm also quite jealous of that Filth page. When the issue came out Weston said he was keeping all of issue #13 for himself. So I didn't get one of the Dimitri pages from that issue. (Though I still made out OK.) Glad to see he finally decided to part with them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to email Splashpage art ... ;)

I want to see the darn trophy wall, scan it in 4 pieces who cares, show it NOWWW (snip)

Ok just for you...here it is....

Loki's Avengers Disassembled Trophy Wall

Made a nice scan.

C

(worship) (worship) Chris, you just keep raising the bar every time you get another one of these! Fan-Freakin'-tastic!

Just a comment about posting links to pieces (or posting pictures of other peoples' art) -- a lot of collectors and fans don't realize that when you have a CAF gallery you can track traffic on your gallery, and if your piece gets enough traffic it gets noted on the "most views today" and "most views this week" ranking on the home page of CAF, which is a kind of badge of honor and a nod to the popularity and attention a piece is getting. Many CAF members take pride in having pieces with high view stats.

That's why you see people posting links to their gallery rather than posting an image directly in their posts here. It drives traffic there and counts toward their view stats.

It took me a while to figure that out, cuz y'know, I'm kinda slow and all... :tonofbricks::P

Peace out; now back to your regularly scheduled worship of Chris' rockin' trophy wall commission and zombie art :banana:

--Steve