• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its happened. I paid $4 for a gallon of gas today!

161 posts in this topic

$1.41 where I buy gas, today. (worship)

I'm thinking about buying a muscle car. hm

This one's pretty sweet....

Finished_Mask_Car_7.jpg

:o

:roflmao:

I bet that has a hyperspeed. :insane:

Right behind the Flux Capacitor. :gossip:

It's a great time to be "stocking up" on certain oil stocks.....well, it was a great time last week before they started their current run-up.

Oil will be back at $70+ a barrel before too long, and we are just a good scare or two away from wild cards like Iran before we are staring $100/barrel oil in the face again. Besides, China is still going to be consuming its fair share, which will keep worldwide demand at a good clip, even if it is down in the US.

Buy them while they are still cheap.....and while the dividend yields are still 20% or better. Buy them while people are still in love with the USD. Buy them before the banks start lending again, and all the freshly printed government money has to go somewhere.

Anything Happening in Dubai since the Oil price Drop??

They still building Habitable islands in the Shape of Palm trees and Continents?

Are they still lining The insides of their Hotels in Gold Leaf?

Are they still building Indoor ski slopes?

Do they still have 80% of the worlds Cranes building a skyline that looks like something out of a George Lucas film?

Are they still Sitting on Solid Gold Toilets in the Palace?

Just wondering how all thats going since Oil dropped by over half!

Do they still have 80% of the worlds Cranes building a skyline that looks like something out of a George Lucas film?

yeah, that's crazy, between them and china we can barely get any decent cranes in the U.S. apparently the rash of crane accidents we had in NYC were due, in part, to U.S. builders, by and large, only being able to lease the cruddier cranes in circulation (I ask...why not build a few more cranes then???) because the mideast and china outbid us.

Gold interior!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://lh6.ggpht.com/_JtqGpR6ACmE/Rzkq2yNpyPI/AAAAAAAABWY/zMm7hY95vVQ/Abu%2BDhabi%2BPalace%2BHotel%2Band%2BTaxi%2Bstand%2BAug%2B2007%2B009%2B(Large).jpg&imgrefurl=http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/OwkeG0AsJ3vi9BBLIsRdSQ&usg=__HTNCdcv15nJPr_5M20csTJSdoW0=&h=681&w=1024&sz=83&hl=en&start=16&um=1&tbnid=Bx6o8O9aI-ViQM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddubai%2Bhotel%2Binterior%2Bgold%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7DMUS%26sa%3DG

Just Google Dubai or check outthe Discovery Channel special they had on this country!

When I first saw some of the Images a few months ago I assumed it was a joke perpetrated, since people were so up in arms over High gas prices!

Its not, its real and the level of Greed and blatant excess in this country borders on insanity when you look at what how so many are suffering currently. Thats my opinion anyway feel free to call me a leftist Hippy if you like!

So does anyone know if building has stopped?

It's a great time to be "stocking up" on certain oil stocks.....well, it was a great time last week before they started their current run-up.

Oil will be back at $70+ a barrel before too long, and we are just a good scare or two away from wild cards like Iran before we are staring $100/barrel oil in the face again. Besides, China is still going to be consuming its fair share, which will keep worldwide demand at a good clip, even if it is down in the US.

Buy them while they are still cheap.....and while the dividend yields are still 20% or better. Buy them while people are still in love with the USD. Buy them before the banks start lending again, and all the freshly printed government money has to go somewhere.

Prices should be pretty stable at least threw the winter, just because we can drive for less it still reflects we still dont have disposable income even with the low gas prices.

If the prices start to go high they will just come right back down.

I am not driving any more just because gas is cheap so in turn if americans do that we can put a strangle hold on the oil industry.

I cant wait till one day when we no longer need Oil, and OMG then we wont need the Middel East.......... :banana:

For the record, gas was 1.55 in Western KY today....

:headbang:

Side Note:

And thats my point because how can the market or stupid :censored: economists justify this massive high/low price flutuation in gas prices by......

war

weather

supple/demand

globaization

Off course those macro/mico-factors can attribute to the price, but in no f-ing way to $5.00 a gallan (Cali) and now a jusr a couple months later down to $1.89. :screwy:

Its called extortion people plain and simple and now you see the ramifications of that greed and hence our economy is the way it is and no one is driving and we now how $1.89 a gallon.

There is no possible way gas prices should go even close to over $3.00 within the next 5-10 years on a consistant basis, and WHEN IT DOES its because of 100% BS.

There is no possible way gas prices should go even close to over $3.00 within the next 5-10 years on a consistant basis, and WHEN IT DOES its because of 100% BS.

There are many reasons to be bullish on oil going forward, so don't hold your breath on gas remaining below $3 over the next decade.

The fact is: American's have gotten used to cheap oil for too long. We designed our cars, our transit system, our suburbs, our entire way of life around the notion that Oil is plentiful and will always be readily available at a stable, low price.

Those days are over. We have to adjust to the reality that the rest of the world, including emerging powerhouses like China, now want their fair share and will be willing to pay for it. All while existing fields yield less, drillers have to explorer farther offshore and drill deeper, and new large finds become rarer & rarer.

You want to call that B.S., fine, be my guest. From where I sit, its simple supply and demand....or Economics 101.