• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gobbledygook 1

53 posts in this topic

Is there more than 1 #1 of this book? Slab states 1984, census states 1986…

I guess it could be two separate publishing dates/ two separate issues. But that still does not explain why CGC would not grade it and why PGX would grade one but not grade any more.

Now my brain hurts.

:tonofbricks:

Actually, it’s on the part of the seller. I just checked the census and CGC has graded no fewer than 14 of the 50 issues in existence.

Something fishy going on... (shrug)

I checked the census and only saw the 1986 version listed (14 copies). Do you have a link to the 1984 version that is slabbed (the book being sold)?

Simultaneous post @ 11:59 :-)

Edit - CGC won't grade certain B+W books because they are too easy to counterfeit - like Eerie #1.

Really!?! I had no idea. I know for a fact that CGC grades TMNT #1 and I also know that it was counterfeited. Maybe on that book they can tell the real ones from the fakes beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Simultaneous post @ 11:59 :-)

Edit - CGC won't grade certain B+W books because they are too easy to counterfeit - like Eerie #1.

Really!?! I had no idea. I know for a fact that CGC grades TMNT #1 and I also know that it was counterfeited. Maybe on that book they can tell the real ones from the fakes beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Ebay seller had two different copies.Search sbjstuff.Off course who knows if they are real given this sellers rep.

Gobbledygook is BS anyway , it's an AD!

The tmnt part of the book is pure , yes. It's just an ad for #1. That being said for a fan of eastman and laird its a pretty damn cool book if you've ever seen one. Most of it is just the early chapters of the book later published as fugitoid, but there are also some very cool otherwise-unpublished Eastman/Laird pinup pages. I could see paying 1k for one with no turtles connection at all. Because there isn't. So I wouldn't pay tmnt prices for it if you know what I mean, but its still a great little collectable.