• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the <bleep> is wrong with ebay?

13 posts in this topic

My ebay searches have been a headache for the last 24 hours...everything is showing up a half day after the auction started. Anyone else notice this?

I believe that it is indicative of the impending market crash. grin.gif

Its only slow because of the incredible number of Hulk 181s being listed.

Its only slow because of the incredible number of Hulk 181s being listed.

Just imagine if I posted the exact same comment? 893whatthe.gif

If you had posted it it would have been the 10,000th time you'd said the same thing.

If you had posted it it would have been the 10,000th time you'd said the same thing.

Please do me a favor and back up your comments with proof, as I can't recall even one instance where I put EBay's server problems off as a result of mass Hulk 181 listings.

The problem has to be related to the code not performing as cleanly as it once did, sans all the heavy reliance on GUI, design, and a sleekish modern look to their listings. CGI -script is meant to run efficiently, and to put it bluntly, may be somewhat sensitive to sites that advocate design over function. The problems people are currently experiencing may well be found in eBay's decision to go with a "sleek new look" and in a sense, this is "bogging" the sites initial intent and function. IMO these problems will continue to effect the overall performance, which will also impact users overall satisfaction unless eBay decides to work out its inefficiencies, scale back a bit on its venture to clog our screens with ads, and other bugs related to its new look listings.

Part of this may also be attributed to some compatibility issues with merging the PayPal backend payment system with eBay's site.

Please do me a favor and back up your comments with proof, as I can't recall even one instance where I put EBay's server problems off as a result of mass Hulk 181 listings.

Not to mention you only have 4300+ posts... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

- D.