• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What GA Archives/Masterworks would you like to see

51 posts in this topic

And no need to limit it to Marvel/DC properties.

Number one on my list:

Bill Everett Venus!!!!!!!!

More that come to mind:

S&K Sandman

S&K Manhunter

S&K Newsboy Legion

Kubert Hawkman

Mayer's Scribbly

Torchy

Baker Phantom Lady

Frazetta White Indian

and while it's not quite GA - The Yellow Claw!

Number one on my list:

and while it's not quite GA - The Yellow Claw!

Wow, you have fine taste, my friend.

Sign me up for Fred Guardineer's DAN HASTINGS reprints.

1) I think it's high time that MLJ / Archie comes out with high quality reprints of their early output. I'm not talking the "best ofs" they've been putting out but quality reprints of Pep, Zip, ... I'd buy those!

2) Tomahawk

3) Sugar & Spike (just a TPB)

4) I'll second the Scribbly choice

5) Complete Planet in HC

6) More Blackhawk

7) Eisner's Espionage from Smash

8) Cave Girl and Thunda trade

9) the furher Romance of Matt Baker (stories not in Romance without Tears)

Number one on my list:

Great choice!

And while they already started with Strange Tales, it would be nice if Marvel continues with the rest of their pre-code horror titles! (thumbs u

Pretty much the first ten issues of any GA superhero title. In some case, where some of the books had short runs, I'd like to see all the issues. Like Shield-Wizard or Jackpot. There are a lot of Quality comics I'd like to see reprinted. As much as I like the hardcover reprints, I'd prefer to see the less expensive paperback reprints. They are easier to hold and read and I think it would be more financially feasible. Irregardless of cost, I'd love to see more. Have they done Doctor Fate yet?

Pretty much the first ten issues of any GA superhero title. In some case, where some of the books had short runs, I'd like to see all the issues. Like Shield-Wizard or Jackpot. There are a lot of Quality comics I'd like to see reprinted. As much as I like the hardcover reprints, I'd prefer to see the less expensive paperback reprints. They are easier to hold and read and I think it would be more financially feasible. Irregardless of cost, I'd love to see more.Have they done Doctor Fate yet?

Tomahawk, particularly the Star Spangled stories

Scribbly

Sugar and Spike, the early issues

Non Little Lulu early John Stanley work (various Andy Panda, Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny FC and other stuff)

Airboy

Early Daredevil

Oh yeah, and I agree with Scrooge, we need some more Blackhawks.

Yes there is a Dr. Fate Archive.

One of the issues I have with the Archive/Masterwork format is the chronological aspect - while it makes sense for popular characters - many GA characters hit there peak later in their history, and if there is insufficient interest in earlier volumes, we may never get around to the later stuff.

Kubert's Hawkman is a prime example of this, I'm not enough of a fan to pick up earlier volumes, but if and when those stories are collected I'll be there. Toth's GL is another one I'd pick up.

If Marvel does do a Venus volume - I hope they skip straight to the horror stuff - it might be interesting to see the earlier stuff, but I don't know that I'd buy it.

Meanwhile what is up with DC holding back on the S&K stuff? Even if they are waiting to do Sandman chronologically, I can't believe that there is more interest in the Seven Soldiers of Victory than in Manhunter or the Newsboy Legion.

Tomahawk, particularly the Star Spangled stories

Scribbly

Sugar and Spike, the early issues

Non Little Lulu early John Stanley work (various Andy Panda, Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny FC and other stuff)

Airboy

Early Daredevil

Oh yeah, and I agree with Scrooge, we need some more Blackhawks.

Hi Bob, :hi: Did you just copy my list :baiting: The Tomahawk in SSS would be nice since the issue are more $$$ than the regular series. Who knew people liked Robin this much?!?

Enjoy the show this weekend. I won't be there :sorry:

Frazetta White Indian

Wasn't this just a single issue? I'd like to see some Centaur, Amazing Man or Keen Detective.

I think there were 16 Dan Brand (White Indian) stories by Frazetta in all - even if they are all fairly short it would be enough for a slim volume - and could be combined with other ME stuff - mostly covers I guess.

Meanwhile what is up with DC holding back on the S&K stuff? Even if they are waiting to do Sandman chronologically, I can't believe that there is more interest in the Seven Soldiers of Victory than in Manhunter or the Newsboy Legion.

I've often wondered this also. In addition to the Sandman, Manhunter, and Newsboy Legion material, there is also Boy Commandos -- in their own series, in World's Finest, and in Detective.

A lot of love for Tomahawk - have I been missing out on a great series?

Nah. Just the 2 guys liking the feature talking it up. Nothing to see here :whistle:

Bah, speak for yourself :makepoint:

I think it is great fun. The Fred Ray art is quiet good, and the revolutionary area isn't one that has been mined to death so it still seems pretty fresh. Sort of half a western, half adventure comic but set 100 years before most westerns.

I've often wondered this also. In addition to the Sandman, Manhunter, and Newsboy Legion material, there is also Boy Commandos -- in their own series, in World's Finest, and in Detective.

oooh, Boy Commandos, I forgot that one. I'd vote for that as well.