• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping to an unconfirmed Paypal address

28 posts in this topic

Yep, I will take unconfirmed up to $100, but after that, I'm not willing to risk it.

For US users, there is absolutely no reason why someone shouldn't have their account confirmed, and if they don't already, it only takes a day or so to do it by adding a credit card. And if that doesn't work, you can still use the alternate method, which if you fax, only takes about three days.

Also, for those who say they have CC on file but still aren't confirmed, the CC address and your bank account address must be the same, or you won't get confirmed. Or if you have multiple CC or bank accounts, the billing address will need to be the same on all of them, or you won't get confirmed. At least that is what a Paypal rep told me, and it seemed to be the case. I added a bank account where I had the statement shipped to a business address, along with another account from home (my cc address is home as well). When I added it, I went unconfirmed. At Paypal's suggestion, I removed the 2nd bank acocunt and about a week later, was confirmed again.

Also, for those who say they have CC on file but still aren't confirmed, the CC address and your bank account address must be the same, or you won't get confirmed. Or if you have multiple CC or bank accounts, the billing address will need to be the same on all of them, or you won't get confirmed. At least that is what a Paypal rep told me, and it seemed to be the case. I added a bank account where I had the statement shipped to a business address, along with another account from home (my cc address is home as well). When I added it, I went unconfirmed. At Paypal's suggestion, I removed the 2nd bank acocunt and about a week later, was confirmed again.

As I'm the only one in the thread who's said that I have a CC on file and am not confirmed, I guess this is directed at me.

Billing address is the same on all bank accounts and CCs... but as long as you don't live in the selected 5 out of the 195 countries in the world, paypal will not confirm your address.

When I contacted them about this in 2001 they told me they were "working on it" doh!

The buyer is in the Phillipines. He says he is using a friend's account (email address) and shipping to another friend's address and that person will be bringing the book to him in person when she visits in the Phillipines in the next week. I am trying to get him to confirm his friend's shipping address so I can ship to him and he can ship to the other friend. I hope this all true but I am getting worried which is why I want to get some other's opinions and experience. Thank you.

Ever heard of the "Nigerian" $$$ left to someone in a bank and for only a small holding fee you could get $$$$$ who could not get it. I'd never ship any big $$$ book out of the states for sure rantrant

WEBHEAD

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone on the happy ending. I ended up telling the buyer cashier's check only and no shipping to unconfirmed Paypal address. I spoke with his friend on the phone and she was very nice. She overnighted the cashier's check and I overnighted the book right away. The story about leaving for the Phillipines appears to be true after all. I know the story was so fishy but it is good to know not everyone on Ebay is a scammer. Looks like he really wanted the book. I ended up getting a record price on the auction: Iron Man #1 CGC 9.0 for $1325.