• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WALK THRU SERVICE...NOT SAME DAY...

174 posts in this topic

Amidst your F.U., did you ask for a price adjustment since the book FMV was less than $5,000? Also, is there a minimum grading fee on the Walk Thru service?

$4000 is the highest for express.

Everything else must go walk-thru.

What I meant was: if your book was graded through walk-thru then the minimum grading fee you will be charged is $100 ($4,000 * 0.025) so really his refund should not be $37.5 but $25 since he did receive Walk Thru?

Amidst your F.U., did you ask for a price adjustment since the book FMV was less than $5,000? Also, is there a minimum grading fee on the Walk Thru service?

What I meant was: if your book was graded through walk-thru then the minimum grading fee you will be charged is $100 ($4,000 * 0.025) so really his refund should not be $37.5 but $25 since he did receive Walk Thru?

Yes, but he marked it for $5000.

They are a grading serice not a pricing service.

They don't bump up often either unless it's way off from what I hear.

cgc told me they price walk thru BASED ON FMV..i asked "how"...I WAS TOLD BY GPA.....so if a book is sent with walk thru..GPA SHOULD BE THE RULE OF THUMB....right?....they grade it a 5.0..the gpa for 5.0 is what the FMV IS..RIGHT?..thats what the 2.5% CHARGE SHOULD BE....is that not right?NOT THE FMV of 7.0(what i priced it at,and was charged).....that system is flawed.....cgc knows EXACTLY WHAT FMV IS OF ALL BOOKS

Edited by kryptospidey

I see. I would have assumed that bumping up would occur more regularly though. They are leaving $$ on the table (even though I know it does build good-will but you can't quite deposit good-will at the bank ...). Here's another proof that it never pays to be honest :boo:

Krypto, there are two issues you have.

1) the value of the book

2) the speed at which they email scans

lets tackle 1.

You decide the tier. Not them. You give them your money and say "I want this book graded under such and such a tier". If you cannot grade your book accurately you have the choice to choose a lower tier and they will bump you up if they need to! If not you come out ahead by paying a cheaper fee. If you choose the higher tier you are paying for speed and value. Both. Even if the value is not there (ex. the book is lower grade than expected) you still get your book much sooner. And quicker turn around costs you more in any business.

It's like saying to Fed Ex : Oops. I thought i had to be there overnight but now it doesn't. Can I get a refund for my overnight shipping charge?

No. You asked for the service and you got it.

You have a valid point. I agree with you. If you feel strongly about it I would call and talk to somebody about it. In a nice way.

R.

Attention Kryptospidey. People in life are jerks. When they feel there is an opportunity to pile on they will. At this moment all the posters are doing to you is rattling your cage. Give up on the thread man, this ship has sunk a long time ago and will not be revived. Sorry Krypto best thing to do is just walk away before you do something extremely stupid.

I see. I would have assumed that bumping up would occur more regularly though. They are leaving $$ on the table (even though I know it does build good-will but you can't quite deposit good-will at the bank ...). Here's another proof that it never pays to be honest :boo:

It's not about honesty.

Take my last submission.

It was economy.

I had a Hulk 102 I thought was a 9.0 and GPAed for $250-$300.

I marked it as $250, the max for economy.

It got a 9.2 - The Aces Bump! :cloud9:

GPA now is almost double for the extra for the .2 ($450-$500).

They didn't bump me into the next tier.

(shrug)

Now If I sent an ASM 14 in economy and marked it as $250 (3.5ish), and then it got a 7.5 and was worth close to a $1000 I'd bet they would bump me.

Missing a 9.0/9.2 is one thing but missing a 3.5/7.5 is another.

lol

actual question was..how is it posible that cgc charges for walkthru 2.5%..and if i overgrade..miss resto...still get charged the full 2.5%....yet if i unger grade,and go thru express..i get bumped UP FOR MORE MONEY!!...and why isnt my image sent the same day as its GRADED WITH WALK THRU???....I WAS TOLD...more coins imaged...the books are a HASLE!!!..EXACT WORDS!

it's called a monopoly. don't like it- send your books to pgx and have them Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? up the grading and miss the resto.

It happens to me sometimes. It's a combination of frustration, anger and an anxiety attack. It's best to just stop and look at it again the next day. It always looks different the next day. Unless you just sneezed on your new glossy cover 7.5 Zip 22 and got spray droplets on it. Then it's not better the next day. It never gets better. I wanna die!

It happens to me sometimes. It's a combination of frustration, anger and an anxiety attack. It's best to just stop and look at it again the next day. It always looks different the next day. Unless you just sneezed on your new glossy cover 7.5 Zip 22 and got spray droplets on it. Then it's not better the next day. It never gets better. I wanna die!
:o

Phrases that make me laugh in this thread.

1. MR.STEVE

2. just wanted some input from some forum members that actual MATTER!

3. i live in florida...my books get sent yesterday to cgc,they get this morning,grade,image,ship....right?

4. if i unger grade,and go thru express..i get bumped UP FOR MORE MONEY!!

5. I WAS TOLD...more coins imaged...the books are a HASLE!!!..EXACT WORDS!

6. *spoon* YOU

7. OH...i'm sorry...did i need to spell it all out in a complete sentence for you.....

8. i dont walk it thru..the POST OFFICE DOES IT FOR ME....

9. whatever....your no help...i'll call steve tommorrow.....THANKS for the input

LET'S NOT FORGET THE CLEAR SIGNAL OF MEGAULTRASUPERDUPER IMPORTANCE PLACED ON POINTS BEING MADE WITH INJUDICIOUS USE OF CAPS!

oh yeah, and FU all you diicks! :devil:

Yeah, posting in a style that clearly considers grammar, punctuation and spelling to be the province of others is not going to get you what you want. 100% of the time.

Taking a couple of minutes to;

a - construct your post in such a way that the average user can decipher it without a lot of extra work,

and

b - leave the histrionics out of it altogether.

You'll likely go a lot further in you getting what you want. And you wouldn't have to curse anyone out and alienate anyone who may be able to give you sage advice later on.

You're the math whiz, iirc, so it's not like the capability isn't there. If your questions are that important, and you want real answers and not a lot of *spooooon* then take a couple of minutes to show people you care enough to post like an adult

.02 YMMV

HOW is it possible that when you pay for WALK THRU service,and pay for an image,that cgc charges your bank account today,grades the book today,and tells you that THEY MOSTLY IMAGE COINS,and the imaging department will send the image,usually after the book is sent out....thats a bunch of BS.....pay for TODAY...send the image TODAY.....cgc=COMICS...who cares about the coins in front of a book paid for walk thru....grade,image,send....right?

someone needs to talk to MR.STEVE ABOUT THIS....

AND... when a walk thru book is sent in over graded or "over-paid":....there is no "refund"...i subbed a book as "$5000...paid for walk through....book came back as UNDER GPA for $3500....still charged full WALKTHRU..2.5% of 5000..NOT 3500......WRONG ON CGC.....

CGC is a monopoly if you think about it. I myself have always wondered how they charge different tiers depending on the age of the book when they are doing the exact same service regarded. What I mean and my prices may not be exact but let say a golden age book costs 40 dollars to grade, silver age 30 bucks and everything else is like 20 bucks is how they charge these different values when they are doing the same exact service to every book. On top of that if you have a very valuable book they make extra money off that which makes no sence to me at all on why they get money from us having an expensive book and they are providing the same service that they would a modern book. Seems unethical to me since every book I would assume is handled and graded the same but as stated cgc is basically a monopoly on the comic slabbing industry. I can see how he feels that he needs a refund though because you are paying for a tier that is set out by cgc. So if he overpayed and it was suppose to be in a lesser tier then I think he should get some money back so I agree the 2.5% should be based off what the final grade was in which he is saying the 3500 and not 5000. That is a $37.50 difference. As for the image I don't get that part since if you have the book you can always get a quick image until they send you the what I am assuming full size cgc slabbed image. Its only a day!

However there is nothing we here on the board can do for him so as some of shown he should call and talk to cgc. I have found that when talking to cgc customer support they are always willing to share info and explain things and help. Example of this was a friend sending in 30 books for the 30 book deal thing they have and he forgot a book and they worked with him about that.

Edited by Whisp

Yeah, posting in a style that clearly considers grammar, punctuation and spelling to be the province of others is not going to get you what you want. 100% of the time.

Taking a couple of minutes to;

a - construct your post in such a way that the average user can decipher it without a lot of extra work,

and

b - leave the histrionics out of it altogether.

You'll likely go a lot further in you getting what you want. And you wouldn't have to curse anyone out and alienate anyone who may be able to give you sage advice later on.

You're the math whiz, iirc, so it's not like the capability isn't there. If your questions are that important, and you want real answers and not a lot of *spooooon* then take a couple of minutes to show people you care enough to post like an adult

.02 YMMV

Hey, if he wrote it while water skiing or surfing then I think it was a pretty good attempt.

R.