• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WALK THRU SERVICE...NOT SAME DAY...

174 posts in this topic

That's the key. CGC is not a big green monster hiding in the dark and scavenging off us poor vermin. They are actually very helpful and friendly and if there is a problem they make it right. They have for me every time. All you have to do is talk to them in a professional matter...no drugs before the phone call, no kinky noises, swearing or yelling during the phone call and no claiming it should have been a 9..9 instead of a 7.0. That's it. Easy as pie.

Want to know why it graded the way it did?

Want to know why the do things a certain way?

Want to know....

Call them.

I guess it's not as dramatic but it works.

R.

That's the key. CGC is not a big green monster hiding in the dark and scavenging off us poor vermin. They are actually very helpful and friendly and if there is a problem they make it right. They have for me every time. All you have to do is talk to them in a professional matter...no drugs before the phone call, no kinky noises, swearing or yelling during the phone call and no claiming it should have been a 9..9 instead of a 7.0. That's it. Easy as pie.

I guess it's not as dramatic but it works.

R.

and to a point that ACES made, while they do not refund fees (as far as I'm aware) if the submitter overgraded the book, they are very judicious in when and how frequently they come after you for more money when you undergrade.

and, as I've told Scott Talmadge on the few occasions that he had to call and ask for more money - that's a call that i welcome. :grin:

when my FF # 11 got graded at 9.4 and the FMV was somewhere between 4000-10,000, they only bumped me up to the express service tier cost, as I recall............

Hard to argue with that or the fact that it probably all evens out in the end......... (thumbs u

let say a golden age book costs 40 dollars to grade, silver age 30 bucks and everything else is like 20 bucks is how they charge these different values when they are doing the same exact service to every book.

Although the service may be the same, the work involved isn't when looking at GA books. GA books are usually both larger in dimension as well as up to 64 pages plus covers. So, more to look at/evaluate in GA books.

On top of that if you have a very valuable book they make extra money off that which makes no sence to me at all on why they get money from us having an expensive book and they are providing the same service that they would a modern book.

I'm pretty sure this has to do with risk and insurance. Somebody at CGC screws up a common $50 book, no real biggie. Somebody drops the Church copy of All-American 16 on its head and it's a whole different story.

2c

Boy, I get on a plane and look at all the fun I missed. Just a suggestion here, never put someone you are looking to get something from on the defensive. A very poor formula for success.

actual question was..how is it posible that cgc charges for walkthru 2.5%..and if i overgrade..miss resto...still get charged the full 2.5%....yet if i unger grade,and go thru express..i get bumped UP FOR MORE MONEY!!...and why isnt my image sent the same day as its GRADED WITH WALK THRU???....I WAS TOLD...more coins imaged...the books are a HASLE!!!..EXACT WORDS!

And you really think that someone on this forum is AS, or MORE qualified, to answer this question then someone at CGC?

:screwy:

You're just b i t c h i n g.

let say a golden age book costs 40 dollars to grade, silver age 30 bucks and everything else is like 20 bucks is how they charge these different values when they are doing the same exact service to every book.

Although the service may be the same, the work involved isn't when looking at GA books. GA books are usually both larger in dimension as well as up to 64 pages plus covers. So, more to look at/evaluate in GA books.

On top of that if you have a very valuable book they make extra money off that which makes no sence to me at all on why they get money from us having an expensive book and they are providing the same service that they would a modern book.

I'm pretty sure this has to do with risk and insurance. Somebody at CGC screws up a common $50 book, no real biggie. Somebody drops the Church copy of All-American 16 on its head and it's a whole different story.

2c

i've always wondered about that too. your explanation seems to make sense.

2c

Has cgc ever been held accountable for damaging a book?

2c

Do you mean like when you submit a 9.8 and it comes back as an 8.0? (shrug)

That's kind of a loaded question with all the ingredients for a big mess and flame war. I'm sure every case (if there ever was one) is treated on a case by case basis as any business would do.

I'd leave this well enough alone, personally because it just opens the doors to scammers and fraud artists.

R.

Your post makes you sound like a rabid dog chewing on a person's leg...can you come again in a more lucid manner?

Edited: OK, I'm catching up on the thread and you've posted questions:

1. Yes, CGC usually accomodates for damages BUT IT DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION WHEN CGC INVESTIGATES. I've recently had a 9.9 that got damaged during holdering and they credited me what I sold it for (the book was returned). In a nutshell, no one here has the capacity to answer the question because we don't work for CGC and we don't know the specifics of your alleged damage. Call em up.

2. I do not encourage using imaging. It only slows down the process for them, and to be honest I wish they would eliminate the service. Go get a scanner.

3. Not sure on the price for walkthrough. Sounds like being modest on the value sounds like a prudent approach based on your feedback. Again, call em up.

F U..HOWS THAT FOR WHINE!!!....i'm trying to ask a serious question about this to the forum members and thats your response?...fu kook...i have cgc's phone #...i deal with them on a weekly basis here in florida! just wanted some input from some forum members that actual MATTER!

Wow - someone's got their panties in a bunch . . . :)

OH...i'm sorry...did i need to spell it all out in a complete sentence for you.....MY TELEPHONE CALL TO CGC WENT LIKE THIS "......we image mostly coins,and the comics are basically a HASSLE!!!"...IS THAT ENGLISH ENOUGH FOR YOU????

To credit krypto's statement (although the childish ranting of both of you guys should stop): The last time I used imaging I more or less got the same tone from CGC...they were essentially discouraging use of this service. I realized the scans are not large and they don't scan the back cover.

Heck, I'd be happy to charge $3 for a LARGE front and back per CGC book if anyone's interested... :whistle:

F U..HOWS THAT FOR WHINE!!!....i'm trying to ask a serious question about this to the forum members and thats your response?...fu kook...i have cgc's phone #...i deal with them on a weekly basis here in florida! just wanted some input from some forum members that actual MATTER!

Wow - someone's got their panties in a bunch . . . :)

More like foaming of the mouth...