• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite GG in the GGA?

56 posts in this topic

Couple of nice Rulah covers:

Zoot11.jpg

AllTop16.jpg

news.gif Has Sky Girl ever been in a cover of a comic book? What a shame if there isn't any! Jumbo comics always had those jungle girl covers.

So where are all the guys that are hot for the Fiction House gals? All talk and no scans. Why don't you post some of your favorites? I'm a Fox guy myself, but I see some of the FH gals on the side.

Here's on of my favorite Tiger Girl covers. Let's see some other FH beauties!

fight76.jpg

ECFANMAN

If the Fox & Fiction House gals aren't your speed, check out some of the Star gals (the 50's publisher - not that Marvel junk) Drawn by the great L. B. Cole in Jungle/Horror settings. I've posted them in the "Crossing Genres" thread, but no one's visiting them there. (They sure are getting lonely.)

Crossing Genres

While both contain Rulah reprints, they've got imposters on the covers.

However, they'll do nicely if you ever get lonely on a Saturday night and need some company.

ECFANMAN

Sky Girl, who should have been on a cover or two of Jumbo Comics, but never was. Here's a panel of her that will always remain burned on my brain:

skygirl1.jpg

and if you don't like it, Ginger has a response:

ginger1.jpg

Awesome book Sean!

Want to sell it! 27_laughing.gif

Timely

Uh... no.

But Seven Seas #6 shows up often on eBay. #2 is the most common, with the worst cover of the run. It always goes for under guide. #6 seems to be the most common of the GGA covers. Expect to pay 2X guide for it on eBay, raw or slabbed.

Any guesses why there are no Sky Girl covers?

Because that would mean Sheena wouldn't be on the cover, and that wasn't going to happen.

jumbo148.jpg

Fiction House's jungle titles were their most popular books and Sheena was their most popular character. She was the main selling point of Jumbo, so they used her on all of the covers (except at the very beginning and the very end). Putting Sky Girl on the cover of Jumbo instead of Sheena would be like DC putting Vigilante on the cover of Action Comics instead of Superman. It just wouldn't atract as many readers.

Now if they had moved her over to Wings, it might have been a different story. But as far as I know, Sky Girl only appeared in Jumbo.

ECFANMAN

Well, I took old Pov's advice the other night when Orcha came over and watched her carefully. I figured she was out to get my precious EC's, so I decoyed her by setting out those old Faberge eggs that great-aunt Catherine gave me. It worked. She took the bait and my EC's remained untouched.

So it's another Saturday night. Let's dig out the old black book and see which EC's might satisfy my urges.