• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Decapitation Cover Art Day

21 posts in this topic

This art day symbolizes two things: 1. You've gotten a cool cover (one of the more memorable covers of the last couple of years) and 2. You've successfully completed a deal with the Donnellys! :insane:

So double congrats to you!

Gorgeous piece (and I'm not a Land fan!) Did you go through a dealer, the artist, or just get lucky...?

I remember that was on Ebay about 6 months ago and went for around 2500. I could be off a little, but it was in that range...I seriously thought about bidding on it, but was/am committed to other things.

Terrific piece !

I know there are some collectors that don't care for homage covers, but I've always liked them myself....In fact, I've owned a few in the past.

Gorgeous piece (and I'm not a Land fan!) Did you go through a dealer, the artist, or just get lucky...?

I remember that was on Ebay about 6 months ago and went for around 2500. I could be off a little, but it was in that range...I seriously thought about bidding on it, but was/am committed to other things.

Terrific piece !

I know there are some collectors that don't care for homage covers, but I've always liked them myself....In fact, I've owned a few in the past.

Yes, it was on Ebay in October but I was between jobs and couldn't afford it. I think it sold for $1,900. When I saw Steve had won it I know I would at least have a chance at getting again as long as I was willing to pay the price. Let's just say it did cost me quite a bit more than when it was on Ebay. I would like to add that Steve was pretty easy to deal with. I just made sure I kept in contact with him.

The funny thing about this homage cover is it is meant to be one, but other than the poses it doesn't copy the original as much as many other Land covers where it looks like he practically traced the image and just changed the clothes.