• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Houston,Texas "JMV Comic Book Show" Sunday May 25,2008

11 posts in this topic

Just a friendly invitation to check out the next...

Houston,Texas

JMV Comic Book Show

Sunday May 25,2008

Crowne Plaza Hotel - Northwest ( www.cphoustontx.com )

12801 Northwest Freeway

(US Hwy 290 exit Hollister)

Buy - Sell - Trade with dealers from all over the greater Houston area for your favorite vintage to modern comic books and related collectibles.

Check out the artists alley and meet Horror / Fantasy artist Dirk Strangely ( www.dirkstrangely.com) and cartoonist Nate Bramble( www.bramblevinecomics.com) plus other local small press comic artists.

Hours:10am - 4pm Admission:$3.00

Early Buyer Admission:$5.00 (9am -10am only)

Win a $100.00 shopping spree drawing at 3:30pm

Dealer Tables are only $50.00 each (30-6ft available)

For more info contact:

JMV Entertainment

Po Box 1222

Cameron,Texas 76520

(254)760-8682

info@jmventertainment.com

www.jmventertainment.com

Buy - Sell - Trade with dealers from all over the greater Houston area

And which might those be?

WARNING: This show was a total fraud. There was no show at this location. Anyone who showed up for it just found a hotel staff confused by all the comic book people hanging out in their lobby. There were people there who were supposed to be guests and exhibitors all looking for the comic book show and who probably paid money to be there, but it just wasn't there. I think this guy is some kind of con artist. And it isn't like it was just cancelled at the last second, there were scheduled events posted in the lobby for other companies and stuff, which means the venue was just never booked in the first place.

This guy screwed over a lot of people in his pretend comic book show, DON"T TRUST HIM!!

WARNING: This show was a total fraud. There was no show at this location. Anyone who showed up for it just found a hotel staff confused by all the comic book people hanging out in their lobby. There were people there who were supposed to be guests and exhibitors all looking for the comic book show and who probably paid money to be there, but it just wasn't there. I think this guy is some kind of con artist. And it isn't like it was just cancelled at the last second, there were scheduled events posted in the lobby for other companies and stuff, which means the venue was just never booked in the first place.

This guy screwed over a lot of people in his pretend comic book show, DON"T TRUST HIM!!

Is anyone surprised? (shrug)

Heck, even when he has had a show it was rotten.

He was trying to give me tables in the weeks leading up to this one.

But I think the guy is just dumber than a box of rocks. I hope no one was screwed out of any real money.

I hope no one was screwed out of any real money.

Driving anywhere nowadays means spending some real money.

Good point! (thumbs u

I guess what I meant was that his table rates are about $40 or $50 and it was a one day show so hotels probably weren't involved. And I do not think many (if any) of the folks that would set up traveled from out of town. The one time I set up there were ten or so dealers, all local. And most of them paid for tables at the show.

So if it is a big scam the promoter guy doesn't stand to make much money (20 - 30 tables X $50 = $1500 max). I really think he is just stupid and forgot what day he was doing a show, overslept or whatever, and decided not to show his face . As an example, he put on a show here about a year and a half ago. I didn't set up, but said I would be happy to put out flyers. Two days after the show took place the flyers arrived at the shop. They were postmarked the Friday before the show! doh!

When I was in Texas for a couple of weeks early last year, I was planning to go to one of his shows. The show that I was planning on attending was cancelled due to a bad weather forecast so I figure that I'd go to the one the following week. Unsurprisingly this was cancelled as well. The only reason that I found out they were cancelled was because I phoned up both times beforehand. meh

I hope no one was screwed out of any real money.

Driving anywhere nowadays means spending some real money.

Good point! (thumbs u

I guess what I meant was that his table rates are about $40 or $50 and it was a one day show so hotels probably weren't involved. And I do not think many (if any) of the folks that would set up traveled from out of town. The one time I set up there were ten or so dealers, all local. And most of them paid for tables at the show.

So if it is a big scam the promoter guy doesn't stand to make much money (20 - 30 tables X $50 = $1500 max). I really think he is just stupid and forgot what day he was doing a show, overslept or whatever, and decided not to show his face . As an example, he put on a show here about a year and a half ago. I didn't set up, but said I would be happy to put out flyers. Two days after the show took place the flyers arrived at the shop. They were postmarked the Friday before the show! doh!

Repetitive ineptitude that inconveniences others is a perfectly acceptable reason to ridicule someone and call them bad names (thumbs u