• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Burntboys 1st board only selling thread - Strange Tales

39 posts in this topic

i have about 26 nice ST's left for sale after the NYCCon (and another 250 or so in all other SA Marvel titles) and i'm going to list the Torch/Thing issues tonight and Nick Fury/Doc Strange tomorrow.

all books are raw and not restored. some (will be indicated) are part of the Sid's Luncheonette collection and will come with COAs.

the listings will contain both Front and Back cover scans, a list of any unseen defects, the grade, OSPG price and the selling price.

all dealings via PM only. the first to declare their willingness to purchase a book at the selling price gets the book based on date/time of receipt of PM. If books are in negotiation and another firm offer for the full price is received, the book is sold to the new buyer. If selling price cannot be realized, i'll post the sold sign when an agreeable negotiation is consummated.

i'll update the list as often and as soon as possible.

any form of payment is acceptable, but books won't ship until checks clear, otherwise within 2 days. Shipping will be as close to actual shipping costs as i can guesstimate. all books shipped vis USPS Box and well protected. Insurance mandatory over $100.

If buyer wants to wait a bit to see what else they may buy and combine shipping, that's perfectly acceptable. Time payments are ok, as well, if the purchase is substantial.

I think i covered everything so let's take a alook at the books; (all pgs are at least OW).

Strange Tales 101 (first torch on his own).

grade = 5.0 there is a small 1 inch spine split on the upper spine.

OSPG = $250

selling price $229

post-javitsSTs014.jpg

post-javitsSTs015.jpg

up next a nice early 106 (Sid's Luncheonette copy)

grade = 7.5

OSPG = $135

selling price $106

post-javitsSTs016.jpg

post-javitsSTs017.jpg

and next a nice 125

grade = 7.5 (Sid's Luncheonette Collection) sold

OSPG = 54

selling price = 44

post-javitsSTs.jpg

post-javitsSTs001.jpg

and next a nice 126 SOLD

grade = 7.0

OSPG = 39

selling price = 30

post-javitsSTs002.jpg

post-javitsSTs003.jpg

and an even nicer copy of 126 sold

grade = 9.0 (Sid's luncheonette Collection

OSPG = 90

selling price = 90

post-javitsSTs004.jpg

post-javitsSTs005.jpg

here's that difficult to find 127 sold

grade = 8.0

OSPG = 54

selling price = 43

post-javitsSTs006.jpg

post-javitsSTs007.jpg

next a beautiful 131

grade = 8.5

OSPG = 72

selling price = 65

post-javitsSTs008.jpg

post-javitsSTs009.jpg

a nice 132 sold

grade = 8.0

OSPG = 54

selling price = 46

post-javitsSTs010.jpg

post-javitsSTs011.jpg

and lastly for tonight a 134 (the last of the Torch/Thing ST's; sold

grade = 8.5

OSPG = 72

selling price = 65

post-javitsSTs012.jpg

post-javitsSTs013.jpg

and next a nice 126

grade = 7.0

OSPG = 39

selling price = 30

I'll go $25 shipped if no one else wants it and you need a sell out.

:D

Geez - how did this go so wrong so fast???

i really did my best to explain that all deals would be via PM. i said it at least twice and everybody just ignored that and went with the :takeit: graemlins in this thread..... :frustrated:

I apologize for any confusion and will sort this out tomorrow but suffice it to say that #'s 125, 126 (9.0) 127, 131 and 134 went to the first persons to reply with firm prices via PM. the others are available with a couple having offers that i will chew over for a day or two.

tomorrow during the day i will be posting 21 more similarly nice issues from #135 to 168 and will explain the process again.

hey, you know it was my first time.................... :sorry:

I was the first person to post :takeit: for your Strange Tales 126 (9.0) and must admit I didn't bother reading your sales guidelines first.

Think committing to a book in the sales thread by posting :takeit: is always best ... just my 2c , but it's your sales thread and your guidelines :sorry:

Harry, I think the problem is a combination of a bunch of gorgeous books that are bound to get folk excited and that deals via PM are very, very much counter-intuitive for the Marketplace.

I'm sure you have your reasons for only taking sales through PM, but it certainly makes life tougher. Just my 2c

I think no one should be able to post the :takeit: until they get 20 references in a thread in general. :cool:

I think no one should be able to post the :takeit: until they get 20 references in a thread in general. :cool:

Including one from a sheep. (thumbs u

Sorry :sorry: ....., Arex appears to be....., er...., indisposed this evening....,

Harry, I think the problem is a combination of a bunch of gorgeous books that are bound to get folk excited and that deals via PM are very, very much counter-intuitive for the Marketplace.

I'm sure you have your reasons for only taking sales through PM, but it certainly makes life tougher. Just my 2c

Nick - i hear ya and being a newbie to forum selling, it just seemed simpler to me. i may have to rethink my approach now that i've had to disappoint Blue, MC, David and others.

Sorry again guys..................Harry.

Nick - i hear ya and being a newbie to forum selling, it just seemed simpler to me. i may have to rethink my approach now that i've had to disappoint Blue, MC, David and others.

Sorry again guys..................Harry.

No problem Harry ... I won't hold it against you :foryou: . I just got alittle trigger happy and skipped over your guidlines after seeing all those sweet books.