• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Burntboys 1st board only selling thread - Strange Tales

39 posts in this topic

Harry, I think the problem is a combination of a bunch of gorgeous books that are bound to get folk excited and that deals via PM are very, very much counter-intuitive for the Marketplace.

I'm sure you have your reasons for only taking sales through PM, but it certainly makes life tougher. Just my 2c

Nick - i hear ya and being a newbie to forum selling, it just seemed simpler to me. i may have to rethink my approach now that i've had to disappoint Blue, MC, David and others.

Sorry again guys..................Harry.

No big deal. It's my fault for not reading the intro.

Since you are doing something out of the norm. I'd probably use bold and larger font next time, and maybe have an introductory post for a half hour or so, then follow up with the books.

Harry, I think the problem is a combination of a bunch of gorgeous books that are bound to get folk excited and that deals via PM are very, very much counter-intuitive for the Marketplace.

I'm sure you have your reasons for only taking sales through PM, but it certainly makes life tougher. Just my 2c

Nick - i hear ya and being a newbie to forum selling, it just seemed simpler to me. i may have to rethink my approach now that i've had to disappoint Blue, MC, David and others.

The major benefit of posting an :takeit: is that it let's other thread viewers know what's gone and what's still left. When deals are only done by PM, someone else looking at the thread may get their hopes up because it appears there are books available that are in fact already sold. Yes, sellers do get around to posting "Sold" notices, but on a fast moving thread with hot books, it just won't be fast enough to not crush a lot of people's hopes.

A word of advice on Harry's books...if you see something interesting don't bother waiting for the scan to load...his grading is on the money.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Geez - how did this go so wrong so fast???

i really did my best to explain that all deals would be via PM. i said it at least twice and everybody just ignored that and went with the :takeit: graemlins in this thread..... :frustrated:

I apologize for any confusion and will sort this out tomorrow but suffice it to say that #'s 125, 126 (9.0) 127, 131 and 134 went to the first persons to reply with firm prices via PM. the others are available with a couple having offers that i will chew over for a day or two.

tomorrow during the day i will be posting 21 more similarly nice issues from #135 to 168 and will explain the process again.

hey, you know it was my first time.................... :sorry:

Man I didn't realize it was a PM only thing.

Does this mean my PM offer on the 126 and 127 was taken?

Or was I beat out there too? lol

went to the first persons to reply with firm prices via PM.

Uh, "firmer" than your asking price? hm

Uuhhh, No.............a quick PM response at the asking price and the books are heading north tomorrow................. :grin:

I will relent and do it your way ("I'll Take It" graemlin in the regular thread) this afternoon, with the later ST's including the first 5 Nick Fury issues in VFish and some nice later Steranko covers...........Harry.

:jokealert:

The major benefit of posting an :takeit: is that it let's other thread viewers know what's gone and what's still left. When deals are only done by PM, someone else looking at the thread may get their hopes up because it appears there are books available that are in fact already sold. Yes, sellers do get around to posting "Sold" notices, but on a fast moving thread with hot books, it just won't be fast enough to not crush a lot of people's hopes.

I hear you and will bow to peer pressure........... (thumbs u

this afternoon's offerings will be purchased via the usual first to post the "I'll Take It" graemlin in the specific selling thread. apparently i need to pare down the size of the thread so there will be multiple ones (or is that a rule violation???)

Harry,

Actually, they ask that sales threads be limited in number as much as possible. I'd say if you are selling silver age books, one thread is all you'll need. If you have Gold & Silver, I'd split them into two seperate threads to get the most benifit.

I hear you and will bow to peer pressure........... (thumbs u

this afternoon's offerings will be purchased via the usual first to post the "I'll Take It" graemlin in the specific selling thread. apparently i need to pare down the size of the thread so there will be multiple ones (or is that a rule violation???)

One book per post should do it.

Keep it right in this Strange Tales thread.

Thumbnails might be good too if you know how to use them.

Geez - how did this go so wrong so fast???

i really did my best to explain that all deals would be via PM. i said it at least twice and everybody just ignored that and went with the :takeit: graemlins in this thread..... :frustrated:

I apologize for any confusion and will sort this out tomorrow but suffice it to say that #'s 125, 126 (9.0) 127, 131 and 134 went to the first persons to reply with firm prices via PM. the others are available with a couple having offers that i will chew over for a day or two.

tomorrow during the day i will be posting 21 more similarly nice issues from #135 to 168 and will explain the process again.

hey, you know it was my first time.................... :sorry:

ACES; i would have told you if your PM was accepted, but someone offered the asking price on both books. it's right here in this thread about a page back.

125, 126 (9.0), 127, 132 and 134 are SOLD. two of the others are under negotiation.

We're gonna do it the FORUM WAY this afternoon............ :takeit: gets the book at the listed price. Offers may be made in the sales thread. If i accept an offer, i will respond in the thread and it's done. If an I'll take IT comes in before i've accepted a lower offer, it will, of course, take precedence..........

I didn't think this would be quite this tough....... :eek:

Uh... okay.

Me - I'll be happy enough to see more of Harry's books. :banana:

And less thread-crappping. :sumo:

It was playing on the radio while I was typing. Lighten up! :foryou: