• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Staple Added...Remove or not???

5 posts in this topic

I have an early Silver Age Spiderman that someone, and it looks like for no good reason, added an additional staple in the middle.. Is it better to remove this or leave it alone??

Guess that's a judgement call depending on what term you like better.."staple added" (perhaps qualified label) or "holes in book" (and downgraded). :(

If it were my book I would leave it in there and learn to live with it(or sell it and get a better copy)

Guess that's a judgement call depending on what term you like better.."staple added" (perhaps qualified label) or "holes in book" (and downgraded). :(

If it were my book I would leave it in there and learn to live with it(or sell it and get a better copy)

I agree that it's a judgment call, and my judgment would be to carefully remove it :)

If it is a high grade book, you will have to decide if you like a higher grade and a green label or a lower grade and a blue label. If the book is already less than fine it may not affect the grade much or at all in anything less than fine minus.

If it is a high grade book, you will have to decide if you like a higher grade and a green label or a lower grade and a blue label. If the book is already less than fine it may not affect the grade much or at all in anything less than fine minus.

Good point, I was assuming it was no more than a FN, as some doofus had put a staple in it! :)