• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question to the old[er] guys...

9 posts in this topic

Was there ever any buzz on Mike Zeck's art? I don't remember ever hearing his name being totally overshadowed by the likes of Byrne and Miller in the mid-80's, but Looking back, I kinda like his stuff, very basic, no manga influence, etc....

I know he's done a ton of stuff, but I've never heard anything good or bad about other people's opinions....

Exactly. Kraven's Last Hunt was another one.

He also did the covers for the "Ten Nights of the Beast" Batman series. Back then every book wasn't a "named and numbered" story arc, so that was something of a big deal. They collected those into a portfolio. They're really cool.

297906-batm419.jpg

297906-batm419.jpg.89b8453382f4c20e897f5daa30be135d.jpg

http://www.mikezeck.com

I own the Az 93 cover and am thinking about maybe going for the Az 100 cover. . . . our own Steve B got his hands on the Az 99 cover - beautiful! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I also have a "commission" from Mike of a Batman and Robin profile that I really like. His art is extremely crisp and clean and he's an all around GREAT guy!!! He responds to emails ALWAYS (and most of the time within 24 hours) and is probably most famous for:

Punishser Limited Series

Secret Wars

Kraven's Last Hunt

a lengthy Captain America run

a lengthy Masters of Kung Fu run

but his credits also include numerous GI Joe covers (including #21!) and some great work for DC including "Ten Nights of the Beast" covers and the Deathstroke series.

Mike is the MAN!

DAM

http://www.mikezeck.com

He responds to emails ALWAYS (and most of the time within 24 hours) and is probably most famous for:

Yeah he was a big help when I had to do a poetry paper for English. We had to link a poem to anything that it reminded us of so I did the link between t on William Blake's The Tyger in relationship to Kraven's Last Hunt. I sent Mike an email with questions about why lines were lifted from the Tyger and slightly altered to fit the story arc. He sent me JM DeMatteis email and told me I could get much better answers from him since he wrote the arc. It was invaluable to actually get quotes from the writter to use in my paper and I thank Mike and JMD a lot.