• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper 9.8 Craziness on Ebay

16 posts in this topic

Some recent copper age auctions. Rather high prices...trend or fluke?

$60 over GPA: Web 10

Love this cover and back cover. Put in what I thought was a decent bid and it went for $70 over that. This is the first one recorded on GPA. Web Annual #3

Posted this one in Comics General a couple weeks ago. Cool cover but this price tripled the GPA average. CAP Annual :o

I think the nostalgia $ is really starting to pour in on these books. I vividly remember riding a bike to the local drugstore to pick the Cap Annual up. I think it was '85 or '86, and was the summer I was taking driver's ed. Sweet book. People in their late 20's think of Copper the same way I and my ilk think of Bronze. ie. :cloud9: Untill dozens and dozens of these start showing up in top grade, expect more serious Copper price hikes.

--S.

Another recent copper 9.8 auction (it also involves Mike Zeck). I was the runner-up in this auction; thought for sure that I had the book (and that I overpaid). But my snipe was sniped. The winner may be familiar to some of you.

Hulk Annual #15

There was no GPA for this issue in any grade. Slab them if you got them. Great cover!

Another recent copper 9.8 auction (it also involves Mike Zeck). I was the runner-up in this auction; thought for sure that I had the book (and that I overpaid). But my snipe was sniped. The winner may be familiar to some of you.

Hulk Annual #15

There was no GPA for this issue in any grade. Slab them if you got them. Great cover!

I'm still scratching my head over this one.

Hulk Annual #15

I read that a few weeks ago, good story. I have come to the conclusion I love the abomination as a character.

Hulk Annual #15

I read that a few weeks ago, good story. I have come to the conclusion I love the abomination as a character.

My all time favorite Hulk villan. I was psyched when I saw he was the villan in the next movie. Until I realized he had no ears and looked like he was dumped into a vat of toxic waste.

Hulk Annual #15

My all time favorite Hulk villan. I was psyched when I saw he was the villan in the next movie. Until I realized he had no ears and looked like he was dumped into a vat of toxic waste.

I agree, they should have left him looking like the comic. I picked up his first appearance a few months ago, and sill havent read it (waiting to get 91) . Awesome villian !

Here is another one. One of my all-time favorite books. One of my collecting goals is to get this signed by every creator listed on the cover including Stephen King.

My snipe was for $50 over what the GPA all-time high was. Earlier this week I thought I had it but I knew about 4 hours before the auction was over that it wasn't going to be enough. Tough book in 9.8 and it went for 2x GPA all-time high.

Batman 400

Here is another one. One of my all-time favorite books. One of my collecting goals is to get this signed by every creator listed on the cover including Stephen King.

My snipe was for $50 over what the GPA all-time high was. Earlier this week I thought I had it but I knew about 4 hours before the auction was over that it wasn't going to be enough. Tough book in 9.8 and it went for 2x GPA all-time high.

Batman 400

lol I was trying to snipe this one too (my bid was blown out of the water before I was allowed to submit it.) I settled for a 9.6 copy from Stephen Ritter at $60 instead. I've also got three raw NM copies sitting at home. Time to see what they'll get at CGC.

Good luck with Stephen King. Don't know how you'll get his autograph with a SS witness.

Good luck with Stephen King. Don't know how you'll get his autograph with a SS witness.

Nice pick-up on the 9.6. I thought I might be able to get a Stephen King signature at a book signing some day. But probably won't be able to get it witnessed. Unless I became a witness. hm

I have wanted this book in 9.8 for a long time, apparently so have quite a few others.

Nice pick-up on the 9.6. I thought I might be able to get a Stephen King signature at a book signing some day. But probably won't be able to get it witnessed. Unless I became a witness. hm

I have wanted this book in 9.8 for a long time, apparently so have quite a few others.

I'm unclear on how to become a witness, but for a Stephen King, a Steve Ditko or a Frank Frazetta autograph, I definitely would do it.

There was somebody in the WTB forum asking for a 9.8 and I think I saw someone ask elsewhere. Considering there's only 11 copies to go around, demand is pretty high. This is one heck of a cool book.